1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gta San Andreas Problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by guamon, Nov 13, 2004.

1. guamon

guamon Member

Hello,
    i have a huge problem. ok here it goes
    today i downloaded the gta san andreas from suprnova and i used winrar to un zip it but i don't know if my ps2 can play it and wat file does the ps2 read. It's a MDF file so can ne1 explain wat to do after i finish downloading the gta san andreas

p.s. im new to this thing i don't know anything about file types

2. NecroX

NecroX Member

I heard that the downloaded version has alot of problems getting laid down to disc. ::coughs:: rent

3. guamon

guamon Member

i dun wanna rent i want to have my own copy man

4. NecroX

NecroX Member

:::brow raise::: Yet....you downloaded it.

5. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

if you are having touble backing up Gta San Andreas send me a private messages and i will help u all the way. by the way san andreas isnt a dvd r 9 its a dvd r 5

6. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

Read ios and write ios

7. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

i think he menas....he downlaoded the file. and want to know how to burn it. the mdf file is a alcholol 120%. try and use alcholol to burn it. it will pick up the file in which to burn the dvd

8. guamon

guamon Member

so i want to know wat is a correct way to make it work on my ps2

9. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

it will work if you have a swpa magic disc or a mod chip. know if you have a modchip installed and the dvd won't boot up. or has a pink border around it. reasons could be . a bad burn, bad media......tdk,verbatim,ritek go4,maxwell, prodisc fo1 are good ones. but soemtimes when some people uplaod files, they like to chop it up to smaller pieces to make it upload faster. to me thats a bad choice, because sometimes when you do what they tell you to do. it still
    doesn't burn correct. the ones would be the winrar>extract into a folder> then again extract to get the iso file (which means you get all these winrar files of 001,002,003,004,etc). some of these work and some don't. i usually stick to the iso images. they burn great
    oh yes...if you have a modchip(i proabbaly read it ), it probably is inserted wrong

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2004
  10. guamon

guamon Member

oooo but my file is jsut a MDF file not a file with 001, 002, 003 etc.so does that mater?if it's a MDF file?

11. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

no..it shouldn't just make alcholol 120% burn it. open alchol 120%. click image burn. go the folder it is in, it will show what file it will use to burn...which is usually the mdf file(it should have 3-4 other files in there). click on it. then it will show in the right side of the files it has..usually 3-4 in the list. click burn or start.whatever it is. and it will burn right. if it doesn't boot up on your ps2..then chances it might be a bad file or bad disc

12. guamon

guamon Member

hey got it to work on alcohal 120% and it works nice

13. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

there ya go...now we know that download is a good one. spread the word

14. mrrman

mrrman Member

Can someone help me...I have the original and want to make a backup and cant. I have tried CloneCD,RecordNow max to make an exact copy and I get errors all the time. Any help appreciated. Thanks