1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA: San Andreas Really DVD-9

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rhem, Oct 14, 2004.

1. rhem

rhem Regular member

I was gonna buy San Andreas but then relised. What If It's not DVD-9 and I could of got It else where without payinf full £30

2. Liam1080

Liam1080 Guest

it dvd 9 look at all the new features in the game it has to be dvd 9

3. Hazin

Hazin Member

whats dvd9 is it like a different type of dvd or something...

4. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

could be, could not be, really, i heard lots of people constantly saying "mortal kombat deception will 100% be a dvd-9" and it's released....and it's not, filled up the whole dvd, but still not dvd-9, personaly i'd say it's 50/50 if it's dvd-9 or not, i live in a little crap hole town, so i have the advantage of it being out everywhere else in the world for about 3 days before the walmart here even gets it :p i hope it's single layer and it's hdloader compatable :)

5. conny119

conny119 Guest

san andreas is definietly gonna be a DVD9 is has been is the offical Ps2 UK mag

6. conny119

conny119 Guest

san andreas is definietly gonna be a DVD9 is has been is the offical Ps2 UK mag

7. meta1

meta1 Regular member

The new GTA will be DVD-9, it's new features won't fit or run on a DVD-5 disc, read up on the information before making a statement next time.

DVD-5 is slightly smaller than DVD-9 and runs slower, but it's not noticable.

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

GTA:SA will be DVD9 sevral game sites already said that...

all i can say is whatever...

actualy theres no such thing as features that dont run on dvd9 and not on dvd5.. lol dude the game is only bigger nothing changed...

dvd5 is "slightly" smaller? eh... how can it be slightly smaller if the size goes from 4.7gbytes(1000bytes and not 1024)... to full dvd9 8.4gbytes(1000bytes) lol thats half the size man!!... they both run at the same speed as the drive can read them.. the drive actauly determine the speed of the spin.. normally they both can be run at 16x...

now all i can say is "read up on the information before making a statement next time"

^_^
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    need help?... click... >>>>>> http://tinyurl.com/43d2q <<<<< must have mirc installed to work....[/small]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  9. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

halo2 is a dvd 9, but there is a dvd5 extractor to make halo 2 fit onto the size of a regular dvd..

i am sure there will be a program to make GTA:SA fit on my dvd.

10. rhem

rhem Regular member

So Should people buy It or w8 to see If I can be broken down to DVD-5 or 2 DVD-5 discs

11. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

wait or not this is a must buy game... :p and theres always dual burner with dvd+r dl.... btw halo 2 is on dvd9 BUT only 200mb bigger than dvd5 you can esaly overburn a dvd-r to fit the game.... the game is about 4.58GB... insted of the usual 4.38GB... you can always remove the usless files to fit it aswell...

12. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

actually the full zice of halo2 was 4.77 gigs, and i could not overburn this one.

i had to make it into a dvd 5 , but there seems to be no loss in anything.

13. B-R

B-R Member

how do you overburn a dvd game if its just like 100 megs over the limit of a normal dvd???? what program do you use to over burn?????

14. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

nero has a dvd overburn feature... i already try it few times... reached a nice limit of 4.950MB on a normal dvd5...

15. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

I promise u all ... its a dvd5 game :)

16. MattSWE

MattSWE Member

yea haha thakks daddy g :)

17. DJMPyRo

DJMPyRo Guest

So can u shrink it and can u buy dvd-9 disks because i don't know what to do

18. DJMPyRo

DJMPyRo Guest

hey i found a quote that its says it may be a dvd-5 disk look

[bold] In a bit of a twist of what was initially reported to many news sites from developer Rockstar Games, it appears GTA: San Andreas may have been released as a DVD5 disc after all... at least according to THIS release (4,499,767,296 bytes) by warez group PARANOiD. Those who would like to discuss this further can do so in THIS on-going Forum thread, and feel free to check out the filelist.txt from the release too. More to come! [/bold]

19. DJMPyRo

DJMPyRo Guest

but i just realised that gta vice city takes up nearly all the dvd-5

20. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

Be very happy everyone. You don't need a dual layer burner to bacx up your game because San Andreas is DVD5.