1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gta san andreas swap magic loading problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by labenset, Nov 15, 2004.

1. labenset

labenset Member

Finaly after making many coasters I have finally made a copy of GTA:SA that verifies correctly. I made the successfull copy using dvd decoder and a Memorex DVD+R. When I load it with swap disc v2.0 I get a blue boarder and then it goes black like the game it trying to load but cant and the drive makes alot of noise. I thought if i were just patient mabye it would come up, but I've tried it three times now waiting from 10 min to 30 min, so its not looking like its gona load. Can anyone help me?

2. mrbigs666

mrbigs666 Member

i had the same problem then i used a sony r+ which made since to because it a sony playstation and it worked which i have a sony burner too hope this help you

3. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

Try using better media like maxell.

4. wazup1023

wazup1023 Member

I suggest maybe using a TDK DVD-R disc.

5. labenset

labenset Member

I have a memorex dvd 2.4x burner if that makes a difference. I burned it at 1X. Ill try out those that are posted. So far havnt gotten any game to sucesfully load with the dvd swap magic. Is it a possibilty that my swap disc has porblems? The Dvdr media and the burner used were purchased when the technology was new. Dvdrs were like 5$ a pop back then lol. Is it possible that older dvdr media or burner could cause this sort of problem?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  6. labenset

labenset Member

Ok, now I am figuring i have a version of the ps2 that wont play +r's, and unfortunatly my dvd burner dosnt support -r's (it was made before the dvd-r media came out). Is there anyhting I can do? thanks~

7. skmborder

skmborder Member

Speaking of this Swapmagic disc, i just bought mine but i haven't recieved it yet. i would like to know where you bought yours. i ordered mine at the end of october and still haven't recieved it. did this happen to any of you. i ordered mine for www.modchip.com hopefully it will be in thursday the 18th.

8. ModIt

ModIt Member

I agree with wazup1023 try using TDK DVD-R discs. mine is on that and work like a charm. But before i tried it on sony dvd-r worked but paused up a lot tried it on dynex dvd-r did the same thing and on some cheap no name dvd-r all the the same thing if not take long to boot paused a lot and stuck some where loading or in the game ur gonna get a lot of "disc read error" soo u should go with some tdk's they work great to me and u sould also try verbatim dvd-r i they'll work good too