1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA San Andreas

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by schack781, Nov 4, 2004.

1. schack781

schack781 Member

I have already made 2 coasters trying to back up my brand new copy of San Andreas. Can anyone help? I am using DVD Decryptor to extract the iso and then DVD Decryptor to burn the iso. I am using Ritek DVD-R and burned at 4x and at 1x. Please help

2. gillies

gillies Regular member

r u using a mod or swap magic? also i used alcohol 120 and no problems i have swap magic some people with certain mods say it wont load. also slow down your write speed to 2x that should help

3. schack781

schack781 Member

I have the duo chip in a v4. I burned it at 4x AND 1x and made costers both times. Sometimes when I boot it the ps2 will see the disc on the browser screen, but wont load it. I tried with Nero and DVD Decryptor

4. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 Regular member

hmmm i backed up my copy tonite, and did exactly the same thing you did

DVD decrypt for iso. creation and burning at 1x. I used tdk media and had no probs at all. There are no DNAS or anything like that so it really should work...

*what media are you using.
    *read and write at 1x(make sure you pick the MDS file when you go to burn with dvd decrypter - thats important !!)
    *try alcohol 120

good luck

5. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

only thing I'm thinking is maybe there's is a certain boot up process you're supposed to follow to play your backups. It depends on the chip you're using. Do your other backups work?

6. mugz

mugz Member

I have not been able to stop playing SA long enough to back it up. Is this game not a dual layer? I remember hearing that it was before it came out. I am assuming it is not because you guys are using regular media and the person who made coasters. Dual layer media is very expensive.

I just have not had time to try and burn it. From what I can gather though is that Alcohol 120% seems to be working best.