1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA: san andres

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PhE, Nov 25, 2004.

1. PhE

PhE Member

I made a backup of gta and when i play it i get a black screen that says disk read error, grand theft auto: san andres. Sounds like a bad disk. but is there a better way to copy, i have a magic V chip, the ps2 is ver 5, i was using dvd-r media, I usually dont have problems other than overusing the ps2. I did read that +r may work, should i give that a shot. also using dvd decrypter, is that the best method for getting accurate backups? ty.

2. PhE

PhE Member

does anybody actually read this forum.

3. Jenova

Jenova Guest

i had mentioned in another post that the uniffocial reason why that shit happened so much and u might remeber it happening to sum vice cite disks but its was said to be found with the games that were compiled not in the us and due to improper handling and distrubtion rockstar officals said that if it was proved tru they would make the manufacture(s) or distrubitors who ever was responsible for it refund or exchange the disks for working 1's unfortunatly heres no info on when that will be

4. Jenova

Jenova Guest

by the way u wouldent happen to know about playing downlaoded ps1 games n an emulator?

5. PhE

PhE Member

sorry no

6. PhE

PhE Member

The other thing I should point out that the orginal plays fine, its the backup that I have problems with. Well since most of this post has been ignored can anyone point me a place I can fine help.

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Is this only happening to SA? Have you successufully play other backup games?

8. PhE

PhE Member

Only in SA. But I have only backuped up a few other titles, mdden 05 works fine. Do other people use the same Method I do to backup games?? thanks for replying

9. darkstar9

darkstar9 Member

i played GTA SA that i backed up. works great.

10. burberry

burberry Guest

mine too

11. PhE

PhE Member

did you use the same method? how about what media? i used sony dvd-r, made in austria.

12. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

I think its to do with your ps2 because my backup works perfectly but when i try the same disc in my friends the scenery loads slow and he gets disc read errors.
    Mine is always kept clean and dusten but his is quite dusty.
    So i would say the laser lens is probably dusty try cleaning it that might help.

13. PhE

PhE Member

Thanks, how you clean your laser. I find it strange that other games work fine like madden and robotech.

14. PhE

PhE Member

Dont know if this has something to do with it but the version of dvd decrypter im using is 3.1.7.0, would it make sense to get the newest? this applies to dvdshrink also, the version 3.0 beta 5, but when i rip movies rarely do I have a problem with playback, once and awhile skips.

15. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member