1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA SanAndreas

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by biggoltee, Oct 26, 2004.

1. biggoltee

biggoltee Member

If someone makes a backup of gTA can you let me know how you did it

2. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

I burned copies using nero/dvd decrypter/alcohol/burnfree and all of them burned fine except the games loading time is atrocious and takes forever...

If you have the game at your house just make a copy from that, But if you own it and want to make a backup and you get it from a site...Good Luck all of the backups floating around are crap now...

Everyone is having trouble with loading time when backed up, I dont know if it is from the downloaded versions or the retail ones being backed up.

Im thinking about going the route w/ hdloader but seems to much of a hassle and costly especially since I dont have a network adaptor.

3. eliot500

eliot500 Member

hey to get a perfect copy i have a swap magic set and i used alcohol 120 i arranged the settings and burnt on a packard bell dvd-rw works superb and i think loads faster than the original believe it or not trust me try this method you will have succes

4. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

I burnt it on using DVD Decryptor on a Benq branded DVD-R disc at 2.4x speed and it's a perfect copy! No problems

5. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

we first burnt it on decrytor using 1x with ritek go4 and got all the read errors and crap most of our other games work ok with decryptor and ritek, so I tryied this way http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/121556 and used an old rw cause i didnt want to waste another ritek and got a perfect copy !

6. offset

offset Regular member

I used Stomp Recordnow Max 4.5, and I burned the game with DVD Decrypter at 2.4x. I finally got a perfect copy. I used 3 types of media (Maxell DVD-R, and a noname DVD+R) and neither one worked worth a shit. I finally bought a three pack of Maxell DVD+R, and I am now the proud owner of a working copy of GTA San Andreas.