1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA Vice City Backup Problems - PLEASE help?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ShineHed, Mar 20, 2003.

1. ShineHed

ShineHed Member

I am trying to make a backup of GTA Vice City using Stomp RecordNow Max 4.5. I have made the global image of the DVD which consists of:
    GTA Vice City.gi = (2kb)
    GTA Vice City(11).gi = (2,097,152kb)
    GTA Vice City(12).gi = (2,097,152kb)
    GTA Vice City(13).gi = (364kb)
    I then inset my 4.7 Blank DVD-R into my HP 200e DVD Burner. Next I go to "File", "NEW JOB", "GLOBAL-IMAGE OR OTHER IMAGE" then to the ADD FILE button and select the "GTA Vice City.gi = (2kb)" file. All this is what is supposed to be done from what I have read. Here is where the problem happens. When I click on the red record button, I immediately get an error message that reads:
    Image job Untitled1 terminated with errors.
    The recording is larger than the available space on the recordable disk.
    This is very puzzling since I can clearly see in the red text just below the image file pull down menu, that the file size is 4,451.47MB. Has anyone else experienced this same problem. I tried a few of my DVDs and got the same result. My first thought was that maybe I needed to format the DVD-R. Any help is MUCH appreciated. I think perhaps I chose one of the hardest DVD backups as my FIRST try at this. I was a seasoned veteran with my PSXone and making backups so I thought I could run with this new software.

PEACE
    -Shine

2. ShineHed

ShineHed Member

OK, Now another problem. Now I am getting an error message that reads:
    "Please insert a blank disc in the recorder"
    OK, DUH, does that computer think I am that naive. I have tried 3 NEW blanks DVD-Rs all with the same result. I can even get it to read the last error message I spoke of anymore. I have tried reboot, etc. Nothing seems to work.

PLEASE HELP all of you fellow HP 200e + RecordNow Max users!!! :)

Thanks
    -Shine

3. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

I used Nero without any problems.

4. ShineHed

ShineHed Member

BODUL67:

Are you using an HP 200e. I am a huge fan of Nero but I could not get it to recognize my burner.

-Shine

5. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I have a HP200i and Nero recognizes this burner.

Copied GTA Vice City with Nero on the fly.

YOU CANNOT USE DVD-R !!!!! ONLY DVD+R/+RW !!!

That's the problem !

Last edited: Mar 21, 2003
  6. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

ShineHed,
    I have Pioneer A05 and use Nero. I only use DVD-R and CD-R Verbatum or Ritek Media and haven't had a problem yet. I have PS2 V4 - I've heard and read that each version is very picky of different media type. But for me I - no problems. Good Luck!

7. ShineHed

ShineHed Member

BODUL67:

Thanks for the input. I got such a GREAT deal on the 200e, I did not stop to realize that it did not write to DVD-R. In any case I used RecordNow to burn GTA Vice City to an HP DVD+RW (no verbatim handy). I am going to test it out tonite on my v6 PS2 with a Messiah 2 chip. The guy that installed it swears that it will not read a DVD+RW. We shall see. I am STILL curious how you were able to get Nero to recognize you burner though. I wonder if it may be a slight difference between the 200i and the 200e. I even upgraded my firmware to the most recent version, 1.51 I think. Still no luck with Nero. Oh well I am happy with RecordNow as long as it WORKS! :- )

Thanks again
    -Shine

8. ShineHed

ShineHed Member

ooops my bad. I mean the last post to be for
    WIZKID.

Thanks to BOTh of you just the same!

-Shine

9. Timmay

Timmay Guest

RecordNow works great. I have already backed up 15 or so games in the last week with no problems at all.