1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA vice city

Discussion in 'PS2' started by johnny9, Oct 19, 2003.

1. johnny9

johnny9 Member

i have burned this game using dvdecrypter, onto two different kinds of dvd+r, and the game is loading and playing quite happily, but after a while it comes up with a reading dvd error, anyone else have a problem with this game? how did you solve it?

2. johnny9

johnny9 Member

btw, other back ups, on the same media, work just fine, kingdom hearts being one, and films are all working just fine.

3. johnny9

johnny9 Member

problem solved, put in ar2, then MGS2, then GTA vice city, and it's playing now problems, and i am a very happy baldie indeed.

4. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

i don't get what you did to fix the problem?--action replay, then gameshark, then vice?

5. grechy

grechy Guest

I had heaps of problems with my GTA:VC. From freezing after a few hours of play to having to reboot the game 100 times over to get it to work. The reason for this is because the game is so jam packed your ps2 laser has to go wild trying to read it.

If the media you are using is cheap then the laser will just stop reading, burning the game on good quality media 9 times out of 10 will fix the problem. But this didn't look like the problem in your case

Good to see that you fixed it, but can you make the steps you used a little easier to understand because i dont get how you did it.__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Burner:pioneer106 dvd burner/Liteon Cd-r Burner
    Software:DVD Decryptor
    Mod Chip:Apple chip, V7 ps2
    Media:Verbatim dvd-r's/TDK Gold Cd-r's
    Specs:512 DDR, 80 gig hdd, 2.4ghz[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2003
  6. johnny9

johnny9 Member

ok, i did the following:

1)action replay 2
    2)then put in metal gear solid 2
    3)waited a minute
    4)then did the swap trick and placed in vice city
    5)then there where no more dvd reading problems.

This backup was done on ricoh gold dvd+r, the third one i had done, and the second brand i had tried, but initially i was still getting the dvd read error, the method i used above to boot, seems to have alleviated the problem.