1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA3 hangs at 20% with DVDDecrypter

Discussion in 'PS2' started by CptCrash, Apr 29, 2003.

1. CptCrash

CptCrash Regular member

I am tryin gto back up Grand Theft Auto 3 and DVDDecrypter hangs at 20% with reading the ISO. Any suggestions... In the meantime I will try and get it to work with Nero... however want to avoid any and all coasters if possible.

Thx._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Eric- HP Pavilion 7975, 80GB HD, 768 Ram, HP DVD-Writer 200j[/small]

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Like I tell every one, use record now max. By far the best software for burning games. try it and you wont be sorry.

3. CptCrash

CptCrash Regular member

Ok, looks like Nero did a successful backup, but when I put the disc in after "Insert Disc" shows up, all I get is a GREEN border. Never seen a Green border. Any thoughts?

PS - use flip top and swap magic 2.0

4. AND1

AND1 Guest

Why are you using DVDDecrypter in the first place? This was meant for movies not games. Anyway stick with Recordnow Max. Make a (gi) image and burn it back to a high quality DVD-R like Verbatim at 1x. Then you're good to go.

5. CptCrash

CptCrash Regular member

Ok, I will check out RecordNow Max, however I have never had a problem when using DVDDecrypter in the past with backing up games. Interesting why GTA III hangs.

6. CptCrash

CptCrash Regular member

Ok, finally got RecordNow Max, v4.5 and during the build of the .gi file GTA III still hangs at 20% (894.94MB of 4,426.00MB) just as it did with DVDDecrypter, so my favorite backup sw is not the problem. Looks like a problem with my dics or Rockstar has done something that does not all one to back this bad boy up.

Exact error in RecordNow Max = "Px Engine error (Command:28 Sense:03 ASC:11 ASCQ:00) reading from the disc." huh...