1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guidance on downgrades/updates to use. Thanks.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Misre, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Misre

Misre Member

Hi, I currently own a 2.71 PSP with the TA-082 Motherboard. I would like to know considering the variations of routes. What updates and downgrades I should take to attain the PSP emulator.

Funny: As I typed this out I thought I was home free from needing any boot discs but I'm sure I will require GTA sooner or later. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

3. Misre

Misre Member

Thanks alot, I would not have figured this route anytime soon.

4. Misre

Misre Member

By chance is there a guide for this? I have only seen the guide that incorporates the 1.5 Updater.

5. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

No guide, but I'll give you one.

FIRST, HEN (Homebrew Enable) 2.71

To do that, open up hend.rar (you downloaded this) Go in the MS_ROOT folder, then copy all the contents to the roots of your mem stick.

(A PSP folder, h.bin, patch.bin, systemcrl.prx, and a bunch of text files should be on the root of your mem stick.)

Then, go to the Pictures sction of your PSP menu, (to do this, you need to know how to view a picture on your PSP), then hit X at HEND, then view loadbinary.tiff on your PSP. If done correctly, the picture should be blue, and the PSP will shut off automatticaly.

This means HEN-D is enabled. Check your FW version, if it says 2.71 HEN-D, you can downgrade.

FINALLY, use this downgrader: http://dl.qj.net/2.71-(TA-082-and-T...mebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/13187/catid/151 (This downgrader is TA-082 compatible). Then format the mem stick, go in the MS_ROOT folder of 2.71ta082ta086downgrade r.rar file u downloaded, and copy n paste everything you see inside of MS_ROOT to the root of the mem stick.

In the UPDATE folder, put the 1.5 update there, but rename it to UPDATE.PBP

On your PSP run PSP Update ver. X.YZ.