1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE: 3.01 Emulation on 2.71 HEN-D

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by MidnightJ, Mar 10, 2007.

1. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I see that it is possible to emulate 3.11 on 2.71, but i thought i would make a guide which is fairly easy to follow, to emulate 3.01 on your 2.71 PSP.

Please read the FAQ at the bottem before making posts, chances are it will be one of your questions.

Part 1: Installing HEN-D + Devhook for 2.71.
    Part 2: Installing the 3.01 firmware for Devhool HEN-D.
    Part 3: Troubleshooting
    Part 4: Loading PSP ISO/CSO on your 2.71 PSP.

//////////PART 1\\\\\\\\\\

1. http://exophase.com/files/psp/hend.rar Download this, extract all of it to your desktop. Requires WinRar.

2. Copy everything from the MS_ROOT folder onto your PSP.

3. Okay, now delete everything you extracted to your desktop, should be MS_ROOT,checkworks, and devhook. 3 folders.

4. Now, download this. http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=879
    Extract it, and open the HENC-DEVLAUNCHER271 folder, open MS_ROOT and copy only the dh folder onto your PSP.

5. All right, almost done. Now download this http://exophase.com/files/psp/devlauncher271_2.rar

Open the MS_ROOT folder and copy the PSP folder onto your PSP, or open the PSP folder and copy the GAME folder into X:/Your PSP/PSP. Simply overwrite the GAME folder on your PSP.

6. All right, almost there download this... http://dl.qj.net/3.01-DevHook-Firmware-Installer-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/11615/catid/151 Extract it to the desktop.

Copy the 2 folders inside the 301_DH_FW_INSTALLER folder in to PSP/GAME.

Now final step. Download http://dl.qj.net/FW-3.01-update-PSP/pg/12/fid/11396/catid/163

And extract it, and rename it to EBOOT.PBP.

//////////Part 2: Installing 3.01 for use in Devhook.\\\\\\\\\\

1. Turn on your PSP, and go to your PHOTO's.

2. Select the HEN-D picture, it should come up with a blue screen then a green screen. If not restart your PSP and try again. If it turns red, just keep trying until it turns green. Once it turns green it will restart your PSP.

3. Once it turns blue then green, go to system settings. If it says 2.71 HEN-D, you did everything right.

4. Now, go to your game section on your PSP and select DEVHOOK0.4X launcher for 2.71.

5. It should come up with a purple box with blue text. Go to firmware and select 1.50. And go to start.

6. You should get some error code. Don't worry, check your system settings. Guess what? 1.50 firmware.

7. Okay, now go to your PSP game directory on your PSP and select the 3.01 devhook firmware installer. Should come up with a black screen with white text. Press X to start. You should see a bunch of text going down the screen. Make sure you have at least 75% battery life.

8. After it restarts your PSP, after the 10 second countdown, everything is all prepared. Just a cople more steps.

9. Okay, download this http://exophase.com/files/psp/devhook051_271.rar

Extract it and open the MS_ROOT folder and copy the folder DH51_271 onto your PSP/GAME folder on your PSP.

10. Okay, now turn your PSP on, enable HEN-D mode through the photo. Wait for restart. Now go to your PSP Game directory on your PSP and select DEVHOOK 0.51 BETA for 2.71.

11. Should come up with the black background, purple box menu again. Now go to firmware and select 3.01. Go to start and it should come up with another error code.

12. Go to your system settings and it should say 3.01.

//////////TROUBLESHOOTING\\\\\\\\\\

1. MAKE sure when loading the HEN-D photo, or when you select devhook to make sure there is no UMD inserted.
    2. If your having problems, just make sure you follow the guide. If any other problems occur, just make a post.

//////////Part 4: Loading Games\\\\\\\\\\
    1. Make a folder on your PSP called ISO. Put your PSP ISO/CSO game in the ISO Folder.
    2. Enable HEN-D through the photo.
    3. Select DEVHOOK 0.51 BETA for 2.71.
    4. Go to file emulation, and select your game.
    5. Now, select 3.01 as your firmware.
    6. Put a UMD in the PSP (Game UMD, not Movie)
    7. Hit start.
    8. You should be brought back to the PSP menu with your game.

///FAQ\\\
    Q: Will this brick my PSP?
    A: NO not even a chance as it all runs off of your memory stick.

Q: When the screen turns blue then green, do i have to do this each time?
    A: NO once it turns green, each time you still have to load it, but it will only turn BLUE. Green just means it was installed sucessfully and is only required ONCE!

Q: Can i keep HEN-D enabled forever?
    A: You can keep it on sleep, but each time you fully turn off your PSP, your reset to 2.71 and you have to load it though the PHOTO.

Q: What exactly are the advantages of this?
    A: Well its great for loading ISO and CSO games off your memory stick which require higher then 2.71. Since a lot of the newer games require higher then 2.71!

Q: Will this work on my TA-082 PSP?
    A: Yes! This is what i did it on and it worked for me 100%

Q: What about the other motherboards?
    A: I have no idea since i did this on TA-082.

Q:How do i get back to my orignal 2.71 firmware?
    A: Just fully turn off your PSP

Q: Do i need a background to load HEN-D?
    A: You don't need one, but the chances of your system freezing will pretty much never happen if you have your background.
    Q: MY GAMES ARE LAGGING WTF?!
    A: Turn the CPU Speed up in the Devhook 0.51 menu.

REMINDERS

Have Fun! Midnight.

UPDATED: FIXED BROKEN LINK IN STEP 6
    UPDATED: The FAQ

UPDATED: Added the 3.01 Update to Step 9
    UPDATED: FIXED BROKEN LINK IN STEP 1
    UPDATED: Some grammer corrections.
    UPDATED: The WHOLE guide.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2007
  2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

One more reminder.

In some cases a ISO/CSO won't load through the DEVHOOK 0.51 BETA menu.

But instead it will send you to the XMB menu or your PSP home and come up with a menu, and you can load it though there. It seems to happen with older games.

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2007
  4. psphak8o8

psphak8o8 Regular member

i got everything right except i cant find the eboot can u give me a lnik or it itself???

5. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

hmmm. but there are many guides like this that have been posted months ago. just wonderin'

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

7. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Well i looked up 3.01 emulation on 2.71 on search and i never found any guides so i made my own.

8. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

it is because there had been new updates about the psp that doesn't need to use devhook in order to run isos. so i guess they got over it and move on w/ what's more modern and practical. just like fighter planes. :D

9. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Right.. well this is just for people who want to enjoy there systems without worrying about bricking it, because not everyone has money to throw away.

10. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

there's no worry for as long as you follow the thread. but what about for the persons who have psps that have a higher fw than 2.71? they still have to downgrade it to 2.71 w/c can also brick your psp. :p

11. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

True, but with 3.03 OE-C and 3.10 OE-A, i don't think there going to bother downgrading to 2.71 now are they? More so 1.50.

So where did you read the guide for your downgrading, and updating to 3.03 OE-C? My friend wants me to do it for him, but i want to find a good guide. And i might take a shot at it since theres this recovery mode?

12. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

3.03oe-c to 3.10oe-a can be easily be downgraded to 1.5. and from 1.5 you can go to 2.71. but that won't be recommended coz' OE-Cs are definitely better w/o any hassle. but if you wish to go back to 2.71, then feel free coz. it's brick free. :p

here's a good guide for going 3.03oe-c from 2.71 using the hard way:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/401672

or you can do the alternate easy method
    here's a good guide for going 1.5 from 2.71:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/441460

from there you can go to 3.03oe-c using the easy way:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892
    use the 3.03oe-c installer file and then simply plug in your psp and run the program. if you want to go back to 1.5, use the recoverer file

by the way, your psp should be a ta-082. i guarantee you, that it's brick free. just follow what needs to be followed. enjoy and share your blessings :D

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  13. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I tryed downgrading this morning and i found out my PSP is not a TA-082, and this whole time i thought it was, so i think im just going to buy the modchip, and not risk re-buying a PSP.

When i went to downgrade it said in white text "Your PSP doesn't appear to be TA-082"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2007
  14. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

too bad you won't have to do it the easy way. but so far you can get that into 3.03oe-a/b or 3.02oe-b. i was certain that the first psp models that ran psx games are non-ta082s.

15. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I am acutally glad it isn't TA-082 :), since now i can get the modchip.

16. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

well TAs have been more in-demand than non-TAs. some would even brick their non TAs just to have them replaced by a TA. :D

17. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Just because of the downgrader and stuff? Man thats crazy, i would just get the modchip since you can pretty much do the same thing then risk your system. Just my PSP was a gift so i don't want to risk something i didn't buy on my own. I bricked my Xbox 360, but got it fixed with a modchip, i won it in a contest, so i didn't really care what happened to it. I was trying to get the other HDD for it so i could homebrew stuff with it, and it bricked it when i turned it on. But the modchip fixed it all for 20 dollars.

18. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

yep. coz' of the winstallers. i'm not sure about the other reasons why they do that. but that modchip that you're talking about, i think it would be a cool saver. but to think that i would spend some $20 for it, nah. :D

19. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I downgraded my 2.71!! Think you can help me get set up for 3.03 OE-C. I'll check out those guides you sent me in the post above.

Yeah im only going to buy the MODCHIP if i permanently brick my PSP!!

The heck with the modchip lol, you were right about downgrading. Thx for your help.

20. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

a pleasure mate' :)