1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~Guide~ Bypass Firmware Check (Easily)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by redzPSP, Mar 15, 2008.

1. redzPSP

redzPSP Guest

AS POSTED ON PS3HAX.NET
    This tutorial will allow you to easily bypass the Firmware Check on your PS3,
    simply by using the a proxy server to redirect the update txt file to a local file on your
    hdd with different information

1.) Download PS3 Proxy and configure your PS3 to use it.

Go to settings -> network settings -> internet connection settings then choose custom.
    carry on through all of the options until you get to proxy server. select use then enter
    your pc's ip address and use 8080 for the port number. After this is configured, save
    settings but dont test them.

With ps3 proxy, enter your pc's IP address in the IP address box and select ps3 mode,
    then pust the start button

[​IMG]

2.) With ps3 proxy look in the logs and look for the ps3-updatelist.txt

[​IMG]

3.) Right click and Save Target as... Save to your pc. Also right click again and Copy Shortcut.

4.) Goto the replace files tab and paste the copied shortcut into the left white box.

[​IMG]

5.) Open the txt file you downloaded and replace the ImageVersion and SystemSoftwareVersion to this:

Code:
    Code:
    ImageVersion=00000aa0;SystemSoftwareVersion=0.0000
    Your file should now look something like this:

Code:
    Code:
    # UK Dest=87;ImageVersion=00000aa0;SystemSoftwareVersion=0.0000;CDN=http://duk01.ps3.update.playstation.net/
    update/ps3/image/uk/2008_0313_b859ca0f15fe9516d85fd0d89444ac5b/PS3UPDAT.PUP;CDN_Timeout=30;
    6.) Save and close the file.

7.) Go back to the ps3 proxy and redirect the file to the file you just edited.

[​IMG]

8.) LOGIN TO PSN AND ENJOY!

Hope this helps you lot!

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Good guide, but the only relevance of not updating at this time is because people are waiting and hoping for hacks on older versions of the PS3's firmware based on what happened with the PSP. Holding back at this point is pointless until an actual hack comes out, and even then you can just get a mod chip to downgrade your PS3.

So right now not updating is pointless and an unnecessary annoyance, period.

4. redzPSP

redzPSP Guest

canuckerz I would have to agree but you know as well as I do some people are against updating and are missing out on some of the PSN Demos and such. I run my PSP at 3.9 and can't wait for 4.0 if it turns up with all the bells listed here. I also run my PS3 fully pached so I can Fold@home Search Fires in the users that’s me. All 3 of them. (had the wrong Team ID)