1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide: Configurable USB Loader using FAT32 Partition (NO WBFS PARTITION NEEDED)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii' started by larrylje, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Images and files have been reported on hosting sites so they have been taken down.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please do not hound me to put the guide back up. Seeing how host sites will not allow these types of files to be hosted leaving the guide up without the files is kind of pointless.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Great guide Larry, I just wanted to add for those with usb drives larger than 32gigs that Cfg usb loader v50 now supports NTFS as well. So no need to juggle multiple partitions.

The drawback there is that, currently at least, it cant write to a NTFS partition, so you can't use it to copy original games directly to your drive.
  4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Will apps/USB Loader and usb-loader files still work on NTFS? I didn't know for sure that is why I said to format FAT32 so they can have all their files on the same partition.

Also dosen't most HB video players play from FAT32? Will they work with NTSC file system?
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  5. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

I'm not sure if the apps and loader files will work from NTFS, I have them all running from my SD so I've never tried. I'm pretty sure that HBC doesn't read NTFS though so probably not.

Then again, you can always partition the USB drive. NTFS for games and a gig or so of FAT32 for the rest.

And Mplayer CE can read NTFS partitions. I dont really have a lot of experience with wii media players because my laptop streams video to the TV with better quality than the wii would, so I just stick with that.
  6. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

hi guys, so ive decided to move forward and buy a buffalo 500g, i still have my 2gig sd card with everything still on it {from softmodding my wii} can i extract the extract to sd card straight to my sd card with everythng still on it. thank any 1 for any advice and help
  7. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

also, do i have to have the hemes 222/223 on my wii before i sta. thanksrt the file preparation
  8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Nothing will be lost when you extract to the SD Card.

It will just add WAD Manager to your apps folder and add the USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel.wad to the wad folder. If you already have WAD Manager then all you really have to do is extract the file to your PC then add the USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel.wad to the WAD folder and install it.

You need to have Hermie's 222/223 installed for the CFG USB Loader to work. So it really doesn't matter when you install it just as long as it is installed before running the application.
  9. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

hi guys, right everything was going good untill i couldnt find iso2 wbfs.bat i need to drag my iso file to. when i open up my extenal hdd there are 4 files, apps, usb loader, wbfs, reed me. inside the wbfs file it says add games here, when i try and drag the iso over it says it is large for the destination file system. sorry to be such a noob, this is the 1st time ive used a usb device. thank you for any advice
  10. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

can someone help me pleas
  11. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Take the folder named iso2wbfs_converter off your external drive and put it on your PC. Then put your game isos in that folder and run the iso2wbfs.bat file. That will generate a folder containing 2 files. A .wbfs file and a .txt file. Put that folder into the folder named wbfs in the root of the external drive.
  12. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

hi penguin98, i cant see a iso2wbfs file, just the 4 files i wrote in my last post. do you know where i might of gone wrong. thanks for the reply
  13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you followed the instructions to the T you shouldn't be having a problem. I can't make them any more simpler then what they are.

Do you still have the USB_Loader_Pack extracted to your PC? If you do then the iso2wbfs_converter folder is there. If you deleted the files off your PC then redownload the USB_Loader_Pack and extract it to your PC again and you will find the iso2wbfs_converter folder.

Place your ISOs in the iso2wbfs_converter folder then run the iso2wbfs.bat file to convert the ISOs to WBFS files. After it is done converting transfer the game folders that are created to the WBFS folder on your USB Harddrive.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  14. CARTEMAN0

CARTEMAN0 Member

hi there i too cannot find a file or anything called iso2wbfs looked through all folders and nothing matching this file found cfg loader configreator is this the one you are refering to any help please
  15. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Ok, for the people who cant find files:

The file supplied by larry is called USB_Loader_Pack.zip

Inside that zip file is a folder also named USB_Loader_Pack

Inside THAT folder is another folder and 2 more zip files.

The folder is named iso2wbfs_converter. That is where the iso2wbfs.bat file is that you seem to be having trouble finding. This folder does NOT go on your external hard drive. It stays on your computer.
  16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I don't understand why people can not find the iso2wbfs_converter folder.

The guide says to...

Download USB_Loader_Pack from HERE and Extract it to your PC.

If you do this then go to the USB-Loader_Pack folder the iso2wbfs_converter folder is right there.

Along with other zipped files that need to be extracted to SD Card and USB Device.

People need to take the time and read the directions more careful.
  17. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

yeah sorry guys, i got a got stuck and went the wbfs way, everything is working now no problem. thanks for all the help
  18. CARTEMAN0

CARTEMAN0 Member

ok have now found the file but when i dro an ios in it sa starts converting and then says file to big use rar but when the converter pops up it wont let me click the rar button so i tried doing it from a winrar file but it just converts it to a winrar file of the same size in the usb loader ack have placed it onto the usb hard drive and tried playing but it is saying no games found also tried extracting on ext hd and it says file too big,any help please
  19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Your typing and speeling is kind of hard to understand. Please be more clear.

Where do you have the iso2wbfs_converter folder? On your PC or on the USB HDD?
  20. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Also, punctuation is good. A few line brakes here and there never hurt anyone either.
  21. CARTEMAN0

CARTEMAN0 Member

hey dont knock the typing!!! the iso2wbfs is on both,on my computer if i drag a wii iso to the folder it says file size to large for zip use rar instead, if i drag the winrar file from form which the iso was extracted i end up with a winrar file in the iso2wbfs if i then click on wbfs file exe it starts to convertsomething but have no idea where it is sent the winrar file is still 396mb,the extracted iso is 4.39gb i would assume i should be getting some sort of file called a wbfs.which is then placed in the wbfs folder on the external hd. sorry about the spelling but my keyboard is playing up gotta get a new one hopefully santa will obliege. cheers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.