1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide discussion: Create AVCHD and Blu-ray Discs With MultiAVCHD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by vurbal, Dec 31, 2011.

1. estudiaa

estudiaa Member

Hi!

My problem is I'm creating an AVCHD disc consisting of 48 music videos.
    So, each video is treated as an individual movie.
    I don't want chapters within each video, because each of them lasts about 4 minutes.
    What I want, is to be able to skip to the next video in the sequence, by pressing the "Next" button of my remote.
    Is there a way I can create a disc like that with multiAVCHD ?
    So far, I couldn't.
    Each time I want to skip to the next clip, I have to go back to the chapters menu, navigate the menu and select the clip. This is annoying!

Thank you in advance.
    Fabian.

2. Tim7458

Tim7458 Member

i am trying to copy a tv show i downloaded from the web. show is now on hard drive and i want final copy to a usb flash drive to get it to play on a panasonic tv model
    TC-P50X3
    i am running win xp and using a 32 gig flash drive

read your tutorial but seem to be missing something on saving it or something. i am a tad lost on what to do after all the conversion.
    thanks and blessings

3. GatorDan1

GatorDan1 Member

Thanks for this AVCHD tutorial - it is really great. I burned my first test disc and it worked fairly well, but I have one issue I don't know how to fix. The disc is a straight copy of an AVCHD video filmed with a Sony camcorder but with the audio removed. The video format is already 1920x1080i, but when I burned a copy, the video playback has a black border around the perimeter. Of course, I can zoom the TV, but the resolution is reduced. If I click Transcode, I get the message that says Transcode may not work, and the size is already 1920x1080i,and uncrop to is set to 1920x1080. How do I get the full screen video to go to the disc?

Sorry if I am a noob.

Update - I suspect that the cropped video was due to the single layer disc and then the software auto-compressed to fit the disc resulting in the black border. If that is the case, then problem solved, but, I have a new issue. I made another disc and it came out fine, but it displays the time stamp during playback and I can't find any way to remove that, any ideas?

Final Update - solved my own problems. Time stamp was a subtitle encoded in the disc. Turned off subtitles in the BD player and no problem. I figure some other noob can learn from my noobness.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  4. eddyjo

eddyjo Member

why does multiavchd or one of its components try to launch Sonic MyDvd?

5. birdieb

birdieb Member

Hi there,
    I'm new to avchd and may be this is a stupid question, but I didn't find anything helpfull for on this in the net. So hopefully you have an idea for me.

I am trying to create a trailer BD-disk from various HD-sources (Movie trailer)
    Now it works fine for files with a resolution of 1920x1080 but some of the files are in eg 1920x800 (so without the black bars on top/bottom).

So I understand I have to transcode these in order to play on a BD-Player.
    So far so good, I think I configured that corectly but when encoding starts, it literally takes forever even for very small files.
    I see the CPU usage in Taskmanager is very(!) low, not even on 10%.
    And I didn't see any errors in the Log area.

System:
    CPU is an Intel i7 860
    Windows 7 64Bit
    8GB RAM

6. MikeyC314

MikeyC314 Newbie

Hi, thanks for the excellent guide to MultiAVCHD - I've been using the program for a couple of days and have a question about transcoding. I have a video file with the following specs:
    10,000 kb/s, 1980*800 at 23.976 FPS, AVC (High@L4) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)

Which I thought was BD-Disc compliant but I've learned since that the resolution is non-standard and needs to be changed to 1908*1080 but adding black bars to the top and bottom. Ideally I'd like to keep the same quality though so I'm concerned that putting into MultiAVCHD with re-encode the whole video to alter the size and as a result, the quality will be lower. Is there anyway I can add in the borders without changing the quality of the current video, either in MultiAVCHD or away from it?

I plan to create a BD-Disc with several files and a nice menu but this is my primary concern at the minute.

Thanks for reading!
    MikeyC