1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide - DVD & Video 2 iPod (new)

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Lethal_B, Oct 15, 2005.

1. king0fny

king0fny Member

lethal...thanks for all the advice..my ipod is up and running and playing videos with no trouble..thanks again!!

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

No Problem, glad to help mate. Any more questions or queries, just post ;)

Lethal

3. BlackSabb

BlackSabb Guest

hey i got a video off limewire and converted usind videora. i imported to itunes and then to my ipod (the new video one 30g)i went to play it on my ipod and it only played the sound and no video?what do i do?

4. Lethal_B

5. barteezy

barteezy Member

I'm using the PQ~DVD to iPod Converter and it worked and all. It is on my iPod and everything, yet the audio is about 3 seconds ahead of the video, is there anyway at all i could change this?

thank you

6. BlackSabb

BlackSabb Guest

i was wondering how i can to a dvd that i own and put it on my ipod using videora. i use videora and it works great but i dont know how to get dvds on it also, if i had a hour and a half dvd on my ipod will i be able to watch it all without the batery running out?

7. BlackSabb

BlackSabb Guest

i was wondering how i can to a dvd that i own and put it on my ipod using videora. i use videora and it works great but i dont know how to get dvds on it also, if i had a hour and a half dvd on my ipod will i be able to watch it all without the batery running out?

8. Lethal_B

Blacksabb - Try The PQ~DVD Guide. And yes, by rights you should be able to watch more than one full film, but there have been many complaints around this neck of the woods about failing iPod batterys, so you never know. ;)

9. monty77

monty77 Guest

HI! I've been trying to use PQ-DVD for the past few days to convert my DVD's to mp4, but have not had much luck. Everything goes fine when i'm using any NTSC DVD, but when I put in a PAL DVD, the preview window displays nothing, but I can hear the sound of the menu playing. I've tried using the default Video decoder and Nero ones but with the same result. Can anyone PLEASE help me??

10. torPod

torPod Member

[REMOVED]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

torPod

Asking folks to upload videos is out and out piracy. I suggest you read the forum rules before posting again.

12. NTTT

NTTT Member

i got a BIG problem. is anyone able to send me the WHOLE videora folder. it'll take me about 4 hrs to complete the setup. and the server keeps timing out on my request. so if its possible to download it anyway else, pls tell me
    THANKS

13. NTTT

NTTT Member

can anyone pls send me the full version of PQ DVD to ipod video converter? i've already got the trial version...
    Thanks again!

14. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

I have a question. Ive heard that if i put a video file on my ipod and then delete the file from my pc that i will not be able to open my ipod with the pc anymore, is this true?

15. lutkica25

lutkica25 Member

hi all!!! im new obvious huh???lol can someone please help me i just got the new video ipod and cant seem to get the video files onto the ipod i read the directions that lethal_b gave, which were really good. i dl videroa but when i hit the transcode button i cant find the video files that i have. i have limewire and itunes, i have been abble to transfer some of the files from limewire to itunes, but the i get that error message saying that i dont have the right ipod but i do??????????? HELP ME PLEASE!!! THANX IN ADVANCE!!!!

16. bobowski

bobowski Member

I have Divx files with subtitles "hidden" in the file that needs Vobsub in order to view them on my computer. The subtitles are not hard encoded, so when I try to convert these files to mp4, they don't show up. I was wondering if there was a way to either hard encode the subs or convert the entire video with the subs so that I can view them on my video ipod. Thanks for the help!

17. Lethal_B

If you update your ipod it will update you with what's on itunes, so in answer to your question, technically you can still open it with your pc, you will just lose the video :)

so much as i'd love to, it is against forum rules to even ask for something like that. If it has to be paid for, then you cannot request it for free, that is coopyright theft, sry :(

When you say you can't find your files, is it that you cannot locate them or that they are not physically there?

Bobowski - I would suggest checking through the subs forums, you are much more likely to find an answer there...May I add that it will be extremely difficult to view your subs on the 2.5" screen that the iPod provides.

18. KnicksKid

KnicksKid Member

Question, if you have the 30GB video ipod, how long should your battery last when watching a video?

19. FTGF

FTGF Guest

Found a kind of solution to peoples videos freezeing when converting in Videora (the 100% or 99% error). What I did was rip the dvd with DVD Decrypter (also tryed with DVD Shrink, and it worked as well). I ripped Star Wars Return of the Jedi, which came out to be about a 7 gig file. I would get the 100% error on my laptop but it worked on my brand new pc, so I assum it has to do with the processor speed. Anyway dvd was ripped and then I put it into #1 DVD Ripper and changed the settings to a 320 X 240 and turned the FPS to 29.97 (NTSC) This gave me about a 1000 mb file (ruffly). I could transcode this with videora and get no audio/video sync problems as well as no 100% stuck error. I got a better quality video when useing DVD Decryter than with DVD Shrink so I recommend that. I tryed this on several PCs including one that was 6 years old and it worked (took more time though). I'm sure you can use other programs besides #1 DVD Ripper SE (which does cost money, but you can always find ways around that I am sure. The video also went much faster after #1 DVD Ripper SE was done with it, I am assuming because it was already in 320 X 240 res. Well that was my experience I hope this can help someone else.

-FTGF

20. NTTT

NTTT Member

Sorry if i've caused any trouble with the forum rules. Thanks for helping me out