1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide for all emulators for the PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by theend757, Jun 9, 2006.

1. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

I believe there is a character limit on the name displayed, because the program can only display so many characters on that one line. It doesn't use wordwrap; it might crash the program if the name were too long.

Anyone have an idea on what that character limit is?

2. den077

den077 Member

hey all! burned snes station on a cd-r and it loads fine, but when i load the games (i only burned 2), the video is really laggy and the audio skips sometimes too. Tried to turn off the audio in the options menu but when i do that the games won't load at all. Any suggestions?

3. elasu3

elasu3 Guest

Great guide

4. Plucki823

Plucki823 Member

http://freenet-homepage.de/ps2dev/emulators.html
    -SNES station with USB and HD support, along with cdrom. For anyone looking to not use CDRs and save their laser...
    Iv tried it out with a 1gb usb drive and it works fine. Dunno how stable it is with a HD...

5. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Does anyone still updates SNES station anymore? I havent seen an update in a long time...?

6. beefjerky

beefjerky Member

Ummm.. don't have nero tried w/ Roxio didn't work, doesnt have all those options that Nero has so.....
    Does it work w/ any other programs such as Alchohl 120?

7. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

I used 120% before and it work. What boot device are u using. (i.e. Swap Magic, Modchip...)

8. beefjerky

beefjerky Member

I'm using a modchip, could you like provide on how you burnt it w/ alchohol 120%???
    Ummm.... also did you use snes station because thats the one im using and i've prolly used over like 4 CD's and im sick of wasting them.

9. salts

salts Member

Hi guys, was having a bit of trouble with the imbnes emulator for the PS2. I have followed theend757 guide, but when I click build imbnesIso it lets me choose the licence(USA). After I click build ISO it asks me where to save it, which was my documents...BUT it gives me an error message "unable to generate rombank header" I dont quite understand what that means and why im recieving that message seeing as I followed everything correctly. If someone can please help me i'd appreciate it THANKS.

Shereen

10. HerZZA

HerZZA Member

Is there any reason why it must be unzipped? As far as I know the latest Pgen can read zipped files. I want to burn my compilation but since I have over 5000 roms (each game has atleast 3 different versions) it's almost 7GB so compressing all of them would result in them fitting to a single layer DVD. Would these ROMs still load compressed as zip ? Please let me know.

11. laxpro

laxpro Member

Regarding the Ps2mame emulator,
    Is it possible to play House of the Dead, or any other light gun games using this emulator?

12. theend757

theend757 Regular member

no this Ps2mame emulator only run old games and sometimes some may not load at all. The only one I know that powerful to at least run mame is the dreamcast.

13. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

If MAME is your thing, pick up an xbox....all my MAME roms new and old play near perfection.

14. theend757

theend757 Regular member

that also right xbox is powerful to run mame that a good choice svtstang

15. AyaOB

AyaOB Guest

Can you tell me what you did to get this to work? I can get the roms to load but none of the buttons on my remote will work once it loads.

16. xena83

xena83 Member

hey guys/girls =D
    i was curious about the nes emulator..imbnes. i followed the instructions and actually went to this other forum as well and everything thats suposd to be on the disc is there but when i use cd magic swap it comes up not a valid ps2 disc. is there a way to fix this and if so how?
    thanks for everything too. everyone here is super helpful and i know its gotta be annoying hearing the same stuff over and over. Thanks tons though!

17. theend757

theend757 Regular member

for imbnes it a psone format your ps2 need a modchip(check to see if your modchip can automatically detect psone format) or bootcd that allows playing PSX cds example: Breaker Pro or action replay(psone), one that just runs PS2 games won't work example: Swap magic

18. xena83

xena83 Member

yeah i kinda fount that out. im searching through my stuff for my gameshark..either that or ill just get breaker pro. heard that was pretty good. again thanks for everything!

19. sabbir_am

sabbir_am Member

hey
    iz der neway i can put more den 30 romz in mame emu?

20. sabbir_am

sabbir_am Member

Regarding the Ps2mame emulator,
    iz der neway can i put more den 30 mame roms in 1 disk