1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE ON HOW TO LOAD GAMES TO YOUR PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by dadudesam, Feb 24, 2007.

1. dadudesam

dadudesam Member

For the n00bs that keep saying "I got this now how do i load it to my psp!?" when they download a game through a torrent.

Well now i have the guide to it.
    Note: By following this guide, you understand that I take no responsibility in damages to the psp console (very slim chance there will be any damage whatsoever). And that by downloading games, you must own the game, otherwise it's illegal!!
    To check your firmware, start up your psp. Go all the way to the left and scroll to "system settings" and click X, now scroll to the 2nd to last option and it should say "system information"

FOR FIRMWARE 1.50-3.03, it's possible to load these games
    3.10+ is not possible yet. DO NOT FOLLOW THIS GUIDE IF YOU HAVE 3.10+

I'm going to try to make this as easy as possible because some of you don't have a lot of experience.
    CHARGE YOUR PSP TO AT LEAST 75% AND LEAVE THE POWER IN AS YOUR DOING THIS. IT REQUIRES AT LEAST 75% BATTERY LIFE AS YOU ARE DOING THIS.
    See, people need 1.50 to run games that are downloaded.
    What we are going to do is downgrade to 1.50, then install a custom firmware. A custom firmware is a firmware that allows people to upgrade to a certain version, without sacrificing the uses of 1.50. We are going to install 3.03OE-C. This will have all of the features of 1.50, and 3.03. This will make it easier in the long run because with 1.50, you have to go through a program and dumping (ect.) to get the game to start. With 3.03OE-C (by Dark_Alex) you will be able to just drag it to a folder and that's it. Also, if you leave your firmware at 1.50, you will not be able to play the newer games that come out.

1. If you don't have winrar, you must download it here: http://rarlabs.com/rar/wrar37b3.exe. Hit run and go through the installation, (It's easy)
    2. Now go to your desktop and make a folder, and name it anything you want.
    3. Download these files into that folder (scroll past the advertisement and see an orange download button, click on it and hit save, then save it to this folder.
    4. http://dl.qj.net/Firmwares/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163 (1.50 eboot) http://dl.qj.net/Firmwares/pg/12/fid/11844/catid/163 (3.03 eboot) http://dl.qj.net/Hacks-Exploits/pg/12/fid/12396/catid/114 (3.03 OE-C eboot)

5. Make some folders (to organize or else it gets WAY to confusing) so you can place each one in it's own seperate folder
    6. Go into the folder and right click and hit extract on the 1.50 and 3.03OE-C, the 3.03 doesn't need it:
    7. Go to the 1.50 and rename the EBOOT file 150.pbp and the 3.03 EBOOT file should be renamed as 303.pbp Copy and paste BOTH of them together into the OEUPDMAKER and OEUPDMAKER% folders in the 3.03OE-C folder.
    8. Now plug in your psp to the computer, and copy and paste OEUPDMAKER and OEUPDMAKER% folders to PSP>>GAME
    9. Now go on your psp and go to the game section, and scroll down to memory stick, and click on the program.
    10. When the program is done, plug the psp back into the computer
    11. When you go into the psp, (before clicking on folders) there should be a dxar file. Copy this, then go to the 3.03OE-C file and paste it into the 303oeflasher (without the percent) and paste it there
    12. Copy the 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% folders into PSP>>game
    13. On the psp go to the game section and click on the new program. Run through the steps and wait until it is done.
    14. IF YOU SHUT YOUR PSP OFF DURING THIS PROCESS YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PSP's MOTHERBOARD, SO HAVE YOUR BATTERY CHARGED, YOUR AC ADAPTER PLUGGED IN, DON'T PUT HOLD ON, AND DONT SHUT IT OFF
    15. Now assuming all went well, go check your psp's version, and make sure it says 3.03OE-C.
    16. Now go to the folder where you downloaded your game and extract the winrar files (if there are any) and place the files in the according table:
    17. E is your PSP Drive.

E:\ISO\ <----ISO/CSO go there (nfsc.iso, mgs-po.cso etc.)

E:\PSP\GAME\SFRER\ <----games that come in eboot.pbp and keys.bin go like this
    E:\PSP\GAME\TOMB\ <----games that come in eboot.pbp and keys.bin go like this
    E:\PSP\GAME\FFVII\ <----games that come in eboot.pbp and keys.bin go like this
    If the folder is not there make it.

(Thank you for the table Smurff)

2. dadudesam

dadudesam Member

Note: You need to downgrade to 1.50 to install firmware 3.03OE-C.

3. matthewch

matthewch Member

thank u so much! this was what i was looking for for the past month! it'll also work on ta-082's right?

4. pecavuk

pecavuk Guest

your a genius.
    this forum is the best of all.
    thanks dadudesam thanks a lot

5. Kingj56

Kingj56 Member

when i use it the oeupmaker (without the percent sign) tells me on the psps the file is corrupt and not only that when i load up the one that works the psp sign comes up and then after a few seconds it cuts off. when i load it back up its still the same version. i have version 2.60 on my psp

6. DudeSup

DudeSup Member

Thanks Dadudesam.

What is the best method of downgrading from 2.71 fresh out of the box? And does it matter what firmware version you have on your PSP when you get the dxar file?

One more general question, with 3.03 oe-c what specifically can you do with it? UMD Backups? PS1? Other Emulators? Does The Browser Still Work? Once At 3.03 OE-C Can the PSP automatically update without you know? Sorry for what might seem to be stupid questions but I don't want to brick my PSP and I can't wait to start having some real fun with my PSP.

7. DudeSup

DudeSup Member

Okay a couple more details. I have a TA-082 PSP with firmware 2.71 fresh box of the box. What is the best downgrader to 1.5 so I can put 3.03 OE-C like Dadudesam has so nicely laid out above. Most of the downgraders for 2.71 say it doesn't work with TA-082.

8. mviesca

mviesca Member

"2. Now go to your desktop and make a folder, and name it anything you want.
    3. Download these files into that folder (scroll past the advertisement and see an orange download button, click on it and hit save, then save it to this folder. "

on step 2..do u mean like a blank folder?

and on step three u said download THESE file into that folder...what files?

9. matthewch

matthewch Member

hey mviesca, i think he meant that u download the files from the three links and place them in the folder that u created and yes, its just a blank folder. this is just so u don't lose the eboot files

10. kehrigp

kehrigp Member

OK! My psp is making me angry, i have the 3.o3oe-c upgrade all instaled on my psp. But i CANNOT get any games to play on it. iv tried pretty much everything, my friend who knows what he is talking about is out of answers also. i have the right type of game in the right files.. like CSO and ISO in the ISO folders but nothing will work for me. Does anyone out there have an idea as to what i might be doing wrong when putting the game on. (Im a NOOBIE) sorry. :)

11. chaos2469

chaos2469 Member

yep i think i do.
    cold boot your psp (that is when you turn on the psp when it is totally shut off, take the battery out for a second if you have to)
    while powering up your psp hold down the R shoulder button (hold it down before you turn on the power and keep it held down till you get a blue screen with options on it)
    congratulations you are in the recovery menu!!
    now go to configuration (should be the second option down) and press x
    go down to "game folder homebrew" (the third option)
    choose this option until it says "currently 1.5 kernel"
    now go down to the "use NO-UMD" option (the fifth option)
    choose this option until it reads "currently enabled"
    now to to the back option (first option)
    then the exit option (the last option)
    you should boot into the xbm like normal
    go to your games and there they should be.
    hope this works for you

12. matthewch

matthewch Member

i got 3.03oe-c already and my games show up (Metal Slug Anthology, Call of Duty: Roads to Victory, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops) but when i start them, they all say Game Could Not Be Started (80000108) and i already tried enabling and disabling the umd option as well as the 3.03 kernel and 1.5 kernel. can anyone please help?