1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE on how to upgrade a 2.71 TA-082 to 3.03 OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Jeremy699, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

Ok lets get started! Your gonna need to download a couple of files first: (save them to your desktop for easy access)

2.71 TA-082 Downgrade Files
    1.50 Updater
    3.03 OE-C Updater (you'll need this one and the next one for the 3.03 upgrade)
    3.03 Update Eboot

1. Plug your PSP in to your usb connection, establish a usb connection by going under settings to usb connection.

2. Go into your PSP usb connection through your computer and go in to the folder PSP, then create a folder called GAME, then inside game create a folder called UPDATE

3. Open the Downgrade Files and extract all files to the root (topmost folder) of the memory stick.

4. Open the 1.50 Updater, rename the PBP file to UPDATE.PBP

5. Copy the newly named UPDATE.PBP to the folder ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ that you created earlier.

Note: For the next few steps make sure your battery is charged to at least 80% and your charger plugged in.

6. Exit to your PSP and run HEN-D by going to the photo menu and entering the HEN-D folder in there.

7. When that is done, go to the GAME menu and and run the 1.5 enabler. The 1.5 enabler will tell you if you can run 1.5 or not. If it says you cannot press X to alter keys, DO NOT continue with the steps until it says your settings will run 1.5

8. When the program exits back to the XMB run UPDATE X.YZ under the GAME folder.

9. When your PSP has finished downgrading press X to restart your PSP.

10. When you turn your PSP on there will be a blue screen, Press O.

11. You now own a new v1.5 PSP!

But were not done here... WE'RE GOIN TO 3.03!!

Ok so you can can get rid of the downgrader file u downloaded before, but keep the 1.5 eboot, you'll be needing it again shortly.

Note: You need a memory stick that is larger then 32mb

Note: You'll need the 3.03 Updater you downloaded earlier for this part.

1. Move the oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% folders to the GAME folder on your PSP.

2. Take the 1.5 eboot update u downloaded before and rename it to 150.PBP, After you rename it put it inside the oeupdmaker folder.

3. Take the 3.03 eboot update that you just downloaded and rename it too 303.PBP, After you rename it put it inside the oeupdmaker folder.

Note: There should now be 3 files in the oeupdmaker folder - EBOOT.PBP, 150.PBP and 310.PBP.

4. Disconnect your PSP from your Computer and Go to "Memory Stick" under "Game" on your PSP menu. Run the 3.03 OE-C Update Maker program. Wait for the program to finish, then exit back to the PSP menu.

Note: The program created a file called DATA.DXAR, which is located in the oeupdmaker folder.

Note: These next steps cannot brick your PSP, as they do not write to flash.

5. Go back to USB connection, and copy the 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% folders from your desktop to the "Game" folder on your PSP (Beside oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker%). Move the DATA.DXAR file from oeupdmaker to 303oeflasher.

Note: The DATA.DXAR file is illegal to distribute, which is why you have to make it yourself. Do not download a DATA.DXAR file directly, as it might be unsafe to use.

6. You can delete the oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% folders once you transfer the DATA.DXAR file to 303oeflasher.

Note: These next few steps will not brick your PSP if done exactly the way I tell you. However if you do something that I don't tell you to do, and you brick your PSP I will not be held responsible.

Note: Your battery should be fully charged, or close to full. You should also have the PSP plugged into an outlet with the charger. Do not disconnect the charger, remove the battery, remove the memory stick, or press any buttons while updating.

7. Go back to Memory Stick under Game on your PSP menu, and run the 3.03 OE-A Firmware Install. It will show a disclaimer, Press X to continue.

8. Wait until it is completely finished before shutting down. It will tell you to press X to shut down the system when it is finished.

Congrats!!! You now own a 3.03 OE-C PSP!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. GTiR88

GTiR88 Member

i currently have a PSP with a TA-082 M/B and with original 2.71 Firmware

Can i downgrade using above instructions and then upgrade to 3.10OE-A? rather then 3.03OE-C?

or will that brick the psp???

Please advise

3. fultonla

fultonla Guest

yes once you have patched your mobo it is permanently like any other board.

and there are already guides for this

and i recomend using the guides in my sig they are easy for newbs almost impossible to brick if you follow instructions

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  4. GTiR88

GTiR88 Member

thanks...

the change in firmware to 1.5 and upgrade to 3.10OE was successful...

5. g0tmk

g0tmk Member

when i try step 6 to enable hen-d, the screen flashes colors, then shuts down. is there a way to check if hen is actually running? if i try step 7 after it says "the game could not be started. 80020148"

6. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

well then, im gonna have to say that you possibly messed up somewhere? i have never had that happen to me before :p Im not sure why its doing that, try starting from step one again.

And.. are you sure that you have a 2.71 TA-082??

7. g0tmk

g0tmk Member

Yes i am sure, and i downloaded another hen-d from another site and followed the rest of the steps, and I now am running 3.03 OE-C! I am not sure why it failed the first time, maybe a bad download. Thanks for the guide!

8. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

Hey!! Niice job! Np dood. Just glad to help people with the same problems I had when I did it :p

9. pspnubser

pspnubser Member

hmmm i was wondering if any 1 can tell me in which folder i can find the 0.30 update e.boot cuz ive been trying all of them and none of them work plz help T_T

10. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

The 3.03 update eboot will be in the highlighted folder ^ that you have to download... You should really read the instructions in the guide I posted before asking such a question :p

11. pspnubser

pspnubser Member

well i did download that file but i can't find the 3.03 update file they all just say eboot and yah lol im new to this so this is my first time doing this xD

12. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

you got msn? Add me acdcrules_24 ... ill send you the 3.03, cuz i dont kno where i got it from.. lost all my bookmarks :p

13. y2skippy

y2skippy Guest

Jeremy699: A million thank yous for your instructions. As a noob I have been looking for info and instructions on getting my PSP to firmware 3.03 OE-c. All the other instructions made assumptions that I knew certain steps already.

The one thing missing from this post is that you need to also download PSP firmware 3.03 which can be found here:

http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.03-PSP/pg/12/fid/11844/catid/163

Use the downloaded file in step 3:

From Jeremy699:
    Note: You'll need the 3.03 Updater you downloaded earlier for this part.

1. Move the oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% folders to the GAME folder on your PSP.

2. Take the 1.5 eboot update u downloaded before and rename it to 150.PBP, After you rename it put it inside the oeupdmaker folder.

3. Take the 3.03 eboot update that you just downloaded and rename it too 303.PBP, After you rename it put it inside the oeupdmaker folder.

14. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

yes thank you, i was unaware until this very moment i had forgotten a very crucial part to the whole thing! LMAO :p

Thank you so much for pointing out a mistake. :)

I'm very happy i could be a helping hand in a fellow n00bs psp life :p

15. DarkAlin

DarkAlin Guest

have a 2.71 TA-082 psp and i made it 3.01 with using devhook 0.51 beta and now i need a better version like 3.03 to play new games i will use these ways to do it but should i format my memory stick? and will it be a 2.71 like before and will it be 3.03 when i use devhook like before or change 2.71 firmware?(i mean will using system be as same as before i used 3.01 style with devhook 0.51 beta)? its a long question sry for it:)

16. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

ok well im not sure exactly how the devhook works.. does it just fool the psp in to running another fw? But still is in fact the 2.71 TA-082 that you have?

If it does make it stay the same way then the guide above will successfully guide you on downgrading your psp.. whether or not you choose to go on to 3.03 is up to you... If you dont want 3.03 then u can find another guide on upgrading to another fw :p LOL

Good luck, and happy downgrading :)

Any questions on the guide.. get back to me

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  17. abner13

abner13 Member

hi there... if i upgrade my psp to 3.03 OE-C, will i be able to play iso/cso games?
    pls reply soon.. thanks..

18. DarkAlin

DarkAlin Guest

thx for ur reply :) i have 1 more question will my psp be 1.5 when i don use devhook after i did that. coz now when i don use devhook my psp is 2.71:)D i mean will that downgrade its firmware to 1.5?)thx for ur reply again:)

19. abner13

abner13 Member

hey there! when you're using devhook, it will only temporarily downgrades your firmware. when you "hard reset" your console, the effect will be lost and your real firmware will be restored again.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  20. Jeremy699

Jeremy699 Regular member

@ Abner13, Yes if you upgrade to 3.03 oe-c you will be able to play iso/cso games on your psp by putting the games in ISO on the root of your memory stick.

@ Darkalin, I'm not quite sure waht your asking, but from what I can gather your asking if when u downgrade will it be 1.5 without devhook..? If so then yes. Once you doengrade to 1.5 you will in fact have a 1.5 :p So downgrade to 1.5, and then up to a custom fw, and you can play homebrew and iso games (the 3.03 oe-c outlined in the guide is a good choice for a custom firmware)

Any more questions feel free to ask! :p