1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide to Twilight Hack and Wiigator's Backup Launcher

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by evnflow, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ferissp

ferissp Member

Great Post, thanks for your help...

I have version 3.3u on my Wii. tried with 2GB SD card and 256mb SD Card.

I recently installed the homebrew channel and it works just fine.

I downloaded the SD card files you you put up in the update. I ran the CIOS installer, and got an error about 'failure to initialize network...something about the buffer...file size...etc.'

I then tried the older SD card bundle you included and couldn't install anything through the WAD manager. The WAD manager loaded, but then I got General Error (-2011) I believe.

Out of curiousity I tried the DVDx thing and got an error w/ that too. Although that probably has something to do with the CIOS thing not installing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. crew322

crew322 Member

@ferissp:

Those are old directions. You need to lookup WiiGator v.3 backup loader. It's much simpler and more compatible than the .1 version. You won't have to install dvdx and it install via wifi. Don't have a link for you but look up wiigator v.3 and you should fine plenty at gbatemp
  4. ferissp

ferissp Member

I'm just continuing to confuse myself as I look through GBATemp.net... If I have 3.3U I have to downgrade? That isn't something I want to do. Unless everyone is sure there will never be a 3.3U 'work around.'

I have tried installing v.3 of the installer, using the CIOS and I continue to get errors...

I'll keep looking on GBAtemp and the web. if anyone finds anything that might help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and for the advice.

S
  5. ferissp

ferissp Member

O-Tay...

I found a way around the 3.3u thing on GBA...it requires installing the IOS from the 'pink fish' CD? Forgive me if that doesn't make any sense...then from there you can roll back using the downgrader and do a few more things...

Is there an easier way devised at this point? I posted the steps below...this is from October 23rd so I'm hoping by now someone has come up with something else...

It seems like this stuff changes every few hours...

Thanks again for your help everyone.

Step 1 Lets assume you have already updated your Wii to the latest Firmware.
    Step 2 Install the ‘Homebrew Channel’ onto your Wii if you dont have it already (see below)
    Step 3 Put the contecnts of this zip onto your SD Card.
    Step 4 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager 3’.
    Step 5 Press ‘A’ on the WiiMote once. The Wii should detect a SD Card. Press ‘A’ again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card. Use the ‘D-Pad’ to select ‘IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad’.
    Press the ’+’ to install the WAD. Once it has installed the WAD, press the ‘Home’ button to restart you Wii.
    Step 6 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘Custom WM’. Now using the same method as in ‘Step 5’, install the ‘cios_fix.wad’. Once it has installed the WAD, press the ‘Home’ button to restart you Wii.
    Step 7 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs.
    Step 8 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘Install Shop IOS51’. Say ‘Yes’ to installing the ‘IOS51’ and ‘Yes’ to patching a fix but ‘No’ to the ‘Wii Shop Channel’
    (it shouldn’t matter if you install but it won’t make any difference).
    Step 9 Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager 3’.
    Step 10 Now you should be able to install WADs. Try installing the ‘WAD MANAGER V3.wad’ (use this channel to install any WADs in the furture) and ‘Wii Gator.wad’.
    Other apps should also work as well such as ‘AnyRegion Changer’.
  6. finkel98

finkel98 Member

Hi everyone,

noob here - have spent most of my week-end reading all the stuff on here and gbatemp.. am encountering some issues..

twilight hack and homebrew channel are running.

but when i try to play backup isos via wiigator - i get a wierd error message - 2 sentences on top of each other.

My configuration: Wii NTSC - v 3.2u (safe install via HBC) - Wii backup launcher 0.3b - HBC v.8 - Wad Manager 1.31

Any idea what went wrong?
  7. senzafine

senzafine Member

did you patch the iso before burning it, and is the game compatible? this is not a perfect loader... yet
  8. finkel98

finkel98 Member

i thought that patching was not needed anymore with 0.3b?
  9. senzafine

senzafine Member

mine works with patched iso's have not tried unpatched.
  10. finkel98

finkel98 Member

I'll try tonight - i have 3 burned ISOs - and according to the compatibility list on gbatemp they're all good - RE Umbrella Chronicles, Big Brain and Bloombox. One is patched and the other 2 are not. Will let you know.
  11. finkel98

finkel98 Member

Senzafine - so you think that this error is due to the DVD/burning/patching process and that all the software has been installed correctly (just want to make sure to pinpoint where things are screwing up)
  12. senzafine

senzafine Member

its sounds like u've installed ok, i get tha error with uncompatible games.

but it may be worth just checking the cIOS is installed ok.
  13. ferissp

ferissp Member

I have been reading, studying, and testing like crazy over the past few days...

You can have .1 and .3 of wiigator's backup loader installed at the same time. There are some complexities for some people.

Wiigator .3 Gamma will be out fairly soon and that should allow better compatibility and faster loads across the board.

I would suggest downloading wiishizza's backup loader pack. It is up to date and comprehensive. look for it on gbatemp.net

Thanks for the original post, it was instrumental in helping me pimp my wii.
  14. senzafine

senzafine Member

the full release of wiigator 0.3 was due out the 3rd week of november (this may be your gamma release)
  15. havelava

havelava Member

Hey could you help me? My copy of Wii Music broke so I tried downloading the file for it, it comes out as multiple files. Isn't it supposed to be an .iso file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  16. senzafine

senzafine Member

what are the file types? if they are .r01, .r02 etc... then they need to be extracted with winrar or something.
  17. havelava

havelava Member

When I extract them will they be an .iso?
  18. senzafine

senzafine Member

i would assume so, it all depends on the file that you have downloaded.

if there is an .iso file don't forget to patch it
  19. havelava

havelava Member

I will! thanks for the help.
  20. Axe97

Axe97 Member

how can you brick your wii with this and what are the chances of it getting bricked? thanks
  21. senzafine

senzafine Member

i've done quite a few and none brick. if it doesn't work it will restart the wii itself. and if any of the programs hang for some reason you just hold the power button and turn back on yourself