1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide to using cdloader;swap magic and dvd-r: CD-R BACK-UPS

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fox278, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Fox278

Fox278 Guest

First I insert the SWAP MAGIC CD V.3 then when i get to the prompt of
    " LOAD PROGRAM " and "VIDEO MODE: NORMAL" I then use the slide card to insert a CD LOADER CD-R...PRESS X ON JOY PAD. When that boots up the screen is blue with a galaxy in the background. Then use the EJECT BUTTON to insert your SWAP MAGIC DVD V.2 ...press X....The it should read "CHANGE THE DISK AND PRESS X TO PLAY" Then just PRESS X AGAIN ...it should read on your screen "PUT IN A DVD-R BY EA METHOD AND PRESS X TO PLAY". EA method= USE YOU SLIDE CARD. Insert your back-up of your DVD-R and press X....enjoy

Ps2 v.3
    i got the cd loader from swapmagicfix.com ...i downloaded the splinter cell beta.
    burned it with Nero

2. hufprime

hufprime Member

WHEN YOU SAY FLIPTOP OR SLIDE CAN I USE THE CHIP PROCESS FOR THE SWAP METHOD

3. jay_x

jay_x Member

i cant get the cd loader to load. when i make the swap from swap magic to the cd loader, i get the pink boarder error. i've tried maxell & GQ cds with no luck. burned w/ Nero and Alcohol. tried cd loader v5 and v7. any suggestions?

thx!

4. dude52549

dude52549 Member

i have the dame prob maybe someone will help

5. Fox278

Fox278 Guest

Ok first of all what PS2 VERSION are you guys using?
    Does the swap magic v.3.0 load? It does then you guys should be ok. Because the swap magic v3.0 does not work with newer PS2 models. you might have a bad cd loader thats why you get the pink screen?If you have a newer model like a version 9 or 10 then you would need a dvd loader.

6. wwywong

wwywong Member

For you guys reference:

I just got SM 3 yesterday, and have the following experience. My PS2 is version 4. Even for the same cdLoader disc i burnt, sometime it will load, and sometime it won't (blue and red lines moving fast on ths side when it won't boot)

So I suspect

1.) the quality of the cdloader - this i can't do much, cuz i already use a branded CDR and burnt at low spd like 2x.

2.) the way ps2 is loading it. Following is my finding, and by no mean it is the cause of loading successfully.

- Somehow putting ps2 vertically help the chance of it being load.

- Somehow moving (or shake, of cuz only slightly and do it at you own risk) ps2 slowly when loading might help

- the timing might also matter (sometime i try do it fast, then it work, if i wait to long, then it mostly doesn't work... i think i have to do with the motor of the loader, and also whether the len is moving in the right position)

[bold]I got a question for Fox278[/bold]: On your first msg, you show the way of loading a DVD-R by cdloader. Why do we need cdloader in loading DVD-R? To skip double protect check? Because in my experience all my dvd boot fine just with SM2.0 DVD... by any mean does it also work for DVD game rip to CDR? My example is I got a friend's dyasty warrior 3, I think it is DVD.. but they rip to CDR, which is 670MB (bigger than SM3 TOC) Will that CDR work by the way u describe, since on your topic you said "CD-R BACK-UPS"

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the method described above is for booting dvd based games listed on swapmagicfix.com. No, this method will not work for booting rips bigger than the swap magic cd.

8. dasmooth1

dasmooth1 Guest

hello all...I'm newb, but well on my way to figuring most of this stuff out, but i've hit a roadbump..i have a V.4 PS2, Swapmagic 2.0, and some internal, no solder chip thing.

I backed up Mafia, used swapmagic, got a blue screen (which means good burn), but then it went black and never moved, after searhing the forums here, i discovered Cdloader, so thats where i'm stuck...when i get to the part about swapping the Cdloader disc for the Swapmagic DVD disc, i get an "error when reading the disc" message (at the blue galaxy).

I've used Swapmagic DVD on several games, including Freedom Fighters and True Crime (both of which work fine without Cdloader) so it can't be my Swapmagic DVD disc, can it? Maybe I should burn another Cdloader disc?

Anyhow, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

9. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

i have a v9 with the updated SMD3 CD which loads up normal cd-backups fine, but when i tried the cd loader it didnt work. do i need to use a specific cd loader or will a dvd loader work for cd based games?

10. Fox278

Fox278 Guest

you might need a cd loader for that specific game. go to swapmagicfix.com. there you should find what your looking for. FYI.....i used the cd loader for the splinter cell version beta ... and it worked not only for that game but hitman 2 as well go figure :). version 3 PS2.

DASMOOTH did you use the EJECT BUTTON to insert your SWAP MAGIC DVD V.2 ? if so then press X......the press X again then use you slide card to insert your dvd backup.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2004
  11. benny_t

benny_t Guest

I have just a small problem, when I load the CDLoader (in the methogd described above) I get a blue border with red lines. I have a V1-5 ps2. when they say burn the .cue image to the cd it is very small, but the .bin file is like 24 mb. I am trying to load splinter cell. Am i burning it right or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks ben

12. wwywong

wwywong Member

benny_t, the one you download might not be DA cdloader... that might be dvdloader, because as I remembered, cdloader is really not that big. Where you get the cdloader from?