1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide to using the EZIV and EZIV Lite (including Deluxe and Compact)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Venom5880, Jun 27, 2006.

1. asciichar

asciichar Guest

I looks like just that game currently. I found about three different backup versions. A US, a european, and one that said patched. I even tried the patched one not using the client, but the same error shows everytime. Then it says to press A to erase the memory then it says the corrupt memory error again. I would greatly appreciate it if you could host or send me the backup file that you were able to get work.

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

I made a visit to the EZFlash forums and found out you aren't the only one having problems with corrupted saves. The newest client does in fact introduce a new problem with certain games, including NSMB.

Try using this client instead.

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/files/EZ4/EZ4_20060629.7z

3. asciichar

asciichar Guest

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

4. asciichar

asciichar Guest

It worked! Thanks again. I guess I should just be more persistent in my forum searches next time.

5. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

No worries. I found the answer on a completely different forum, so it's no big deal.

The forum I found it on is the EZIV discussion forum here.

http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/

Usually, if there's a serious issue with the latest client, expect someone on there to post about it shortly after. It's always good to visit there every once in a while to see how homebrew compatibility is coming along as well.

6. ronldrygn

ronldrygn Member

First off your guide looks really great and the download links for everything's very nice as well. I have a question though. I ordered the minisd version of the ez4 lite because i got the minisd so cheap and I was wondering if having only a 60x minisd will be too slow, I didn't realize how fast the card was made a big difference.

7. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

60x will be fine as long as it's a reliable brand. The EZIV doesn't read SD cards the same way the M3 does, so speed doesn't matter as much on it.

An example of this is that my 150x RiDATA still skips on the Castlevania intro just as much as a normal microSD Kingston.

8. dscard

dscard Member

Yes, Venom5880 is correct regarding the speed of the miniSD card. Just for kicks, I bought both the EZ Flash-4 and the M3 MiniSD cartridges and I tested each with the same miniSD card (a Transcend 80x card).

Using the "Castlevania" test, I noticed a lot of choppiness during the FMV with the EZ cartridge and no choppiness with the M3 MiniSD.

I tried doing another test, which is a little less subjective. Using "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!", I timed how long it takes to load the first song (Loop and Loop, Asian Kung Fu Generation). I started the clock right when I hit "skip" and when the kid shouts "Ouendan!!!!", and I stopped the clock when the song starts.

With the M3 MiniSD it took 5 seconds. With the EZ Flash-4, it took 10 seconds! I'd say that the M3 is roughly twice at fast as reading my 80x MiniSD card. That is significant.

Hope this helps.

9. samcool

samcool Member

hey thanks a ton for the guide I already preloaded my microsd card so when my ez4 lite gets here I am ready to just pop it in and play!

10. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Excellent. Enjoy :)

11. kcskoogs

kcskoogs Guest

First off i am pretty much retarded when it comes to this stuff so im need some help.

-what all do i need for my DS Lite to dwnload "backups" for both the DS and GBA ?

-where can i buy all of the above?

any info is hlepful, thanks

12. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

All you need is a flash cart or media adapter and a PassMe. Personally, I use FlashMe (used SuperKey to install) and an EZIV to play DS and GBA games. Depending on how much you're willing to spend, you may want to take a look at the M3 and Supercard series as well.

As for where you can buy them, try one of these.

www.kicktrading.ca
    www.realhotstuff.com
    www.divineo.com
    www.winsunx.com

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  13. kcskoogs

kcskoogs Guest

your help is much appreciated, i think im leaning more towards the m3 setup, but i need to know which is best for my DS Lite. IM pretty sure i need passkey2 for the Lite, but i dont which adapter to get (SD, mini SD, or CF). And if i get the M3, do i just need the adapter and passkey and im good to go? thanks for anything you can help me with

14. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

15. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Updated the guide again.

This time I've included info on the new EZIV Lites, the deluxe and compact.

Other updates to the EZIV itself:
    -Speed increase in Castlevania's intro. This *might* increase speeds for other games, but I haven't tested them yet since the only other game that I know of with speed issues on any cart is Tony Hawk's American Sk8land.
    -Included info on EZ Flash's release of the FATlib for EZIV.

Tis a shame they didn't release the entire code. I had my hopes up right until I read DragonMinded's posts on the EZFlash forums. Guess I won't be seeing a fully compatible DSorganize anytime soon... It's the only homebrew app I'm really interested in...

16. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

I'm kinda retard to this kinda stuff, will someone help me with the Moonshell thing, and please make it really easy, even a monkey can understand it. I really want to watch, and listn music at my DS.

17. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

What are you having trouble with exactly?

It's a rather straight forward application.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  18. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

well when i buy this EZ flash IV, it already come with the micro card, and have games in it. so i heard this EZ can let you play movie and MP3. when i download the moonshell thing, it still won't let me play music or movie. so what should i do to let me play this mulimedia. then when i download gba and NDS games to my micro memory, it won't let me play it, it always hang. i only can play games that the seller gave me. please help me with my problem.

19. swarmpack

swarmpack Regular member

hey venom5880 do you know if the compact version will work with the flashme v7 firmware.

20. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

-Doctor_DS
    You have to patch games before they'll work on the EZIV. Read my guide for more info on that. As for Moonshell, get the latest version here.

http://home.att.ne.jp/blue/moonlight/moonshell141_with_dpgtools11.zip
    Readme - http://mdxonlinemirror.dyndns.org/moonshell/Readme_ENG.txt

Have it load directly onto your microSD card so it'll install all the necessary files and directories. Next thing you should do is create a folder for media on your SD card to organize things a bit. Moonshell natively supports MP3, JPEG, BMP, PNG, NFS, SPC, WAV, OGG, DMV(video), and DPG (modified MPG). If you want to watch videos, make sure you convert the video to DPG or DMV using the tools that come with Moonshell or else they won't work properly. Next, transfer all the media onto your microSD and everything should be fine.

-swarmpack
    Yeah, it'll work just fine. As a rule of thumb, anything that plays DS games from the GBA slot and relies on a PassMe will work fine with FlashMe.