1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE: Tweaking the Moto L6/L7 Slvr

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by DVDBack23, Jan 1, 2007.

1. jdspeed

jdspeed Member

chap

How did you get it to work???

Did u just download the drivers and install them from the file you put them in ?

And when you installed p2k did it ask you for ur phone ?

2. chakup

chakup Member

Have the phone unhooked and start p2k, hook phone to USB. If it doesn't endup showing as connected start rsd lite and click on show phone I think is what it says. Once the details show there, go back to p2k and it should show as connected in the bottom left corner.

3. jdspeed

jdspeed Member

Thank You ...But i think im special

I DL'ed all of it again and took if from the top

I installed drivers and my phone is seen by the comp...but once again P2K is not doing ne thing when i turn it on...It simple starts up and thats it...i tried to find a way to look for my phone with the prog. and nothing so im all out of ideas!!???

Help PLEASE!!!

4. chakup

chakup Member

1) IS the phone unhooked when you start p2k?
    if not:
    2) leave p2k running, run RSD lite and click on the detect button. You should see your phones info in the first line.
    3) switch back to p2k- you may need to switch p2k to p2k mode or whatever it's called. it should show there now as connected in the bottom left, hit refresh.

5. jdspeed

jdspeed Member

Ok so now here might be the problem!

What is RSD???

I download all that is said to and installed but i dont have ne thing that says RSD ???

6. jdspeed

jdspeed Member

I think i missed something !?

7. chakup

chakup Member

I actually learned this from another walk through!! search google for RSD lite, it's pretty easy to find. Install that and you should be golden. I'm learning too here.

8. jdspeed

jdspeed Member

THANKS CHA....

i HAVE GIVEN UP.. i tried everything and then some just to result in nothing i think im missing something huge cause my P2K has like nothing on it...all it says is show device,send and clear so i think im just out of luck :(

9. chakup

chakup Member

Is RSD Lite installed? yes= continue no=install
    Run RSD hook up your phone with P2K also already running. In RSD Lite click on Show device. Takes a minute but you should see your phone's info. Yes= go to P2K

P2K= click on the "switch to" drop down and go to P2K mode. From there in the middle/left of screen click on refresh.

10. jdspeed

jdspeed Member

I clicked show device and waited for half hour and nothing happened...

I have the newest drivers out .... P2K 2.9 Drivers

as well as RSD lit 3.3

And for one reason or another it will not connect to RSD....

My phone shows up on the comp when connected as well as on MPT and itunes...but not on rsd or p2k....and im 100% sure the drivers are installed....

also i just went out and bought a new cable from motorola!

11. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Sounds like you need to uninstall it before installing it for p2k and RSD. With mine, I had to uninstall it completely then reinstall it with p2k in order to actually use it with p2k. I cant find RSD anywhere so I dont know anything about that.

12. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Now, for my question. Every time I change ring styles, when I go back it changes my ringtone settings. So my call ringtone, alarm, etc. all change. What the heck?! And, if thats not annoying enough, sometimes, when people call, it plays a stupid stock ringtone! Any ideas anyone?

13. jdspeed

jdspeed Member

I have uninstalled it about 6 times and then re installing it...

I honestly think i have tried everything possible that i have read on this site..on moto modders...on cell phone forum...and im still not gettin it to work...i have also tried it on 2 different comps...

i was thinkin it might be the phone but then wy would it connect to MPT,Comp and itunes>?!

thanks for the suggestion though i really appreciate it

14. jdspeed

jdspeed Member

Did you try changing the settings after you change the ringtone?

Some of my motorolas have a tendency to change setting with ringtones...so i have to select the ringtone and then make sure the setting is to what i want...

As for the alarm and alerts thats probable cause the ring settings have changes so do the sound/alerts cause each one has different seting...Like my vibrate is set to make a beep for alert, but on loud it has a song....

hope this helps

15. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Yes. What it does is randomize the ringtones. My only real problem is when it plays the stock crap when someone calls. Everyone's ringer ID is set to none. Kinda annoying and pisses me off. Sometimes it plays what I want, others it plays the stock tones.
    And I have no idea whats going on with your problem. Sorry.

EDIT- double post->labled as double post->reply to other posts.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  16. bilal87

bilal87 Member

hello all,

i have this weird problem that all of a sudden my video icon is missing from the multimedia link. i was putting games on the phone with the usb cable. when i open the videos from the video camera menu it shows the folder to be empty althought i know it is saving the videos on the phone because the memory is reduced every time i make a video.

can someone please help me with this. i have a motolola l6i and is the first time i am using a moto.

17. Galick

Galick Guest

How do you enable Club Lights WITHOUT flashing the Monster Pack?

18. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Install some P2K client(program) on your computer then install the phone. Copy over the funlight.pat file to the folder for your particular phone. Then use a seem editor to enable it. You need more details to get more details though.

19. Galick

Galick Guest

OK. i copied the Funlight file to my phone. then i Seem Edited to make the menu show up. but it DOESN'T show up! I've been searching around and people say that i CANT do this with my L7. Is that true? Or is there another possible way for me to do this?

20. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

It is possible that you just can't do it with the L7. Sorry but, I don't have one as I have an L6, so I wouldn't know.