1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Wanted! Please help- Newbie

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by jadenik, Nov 25, 2007.

1. jadenik

jadenik Member

I have tried to search for a real beginers guide to backing up hd dvds. I have downloaded some mkv films, but i do not know how to put them on disc, what software to use, what Discs to use, etc.

There seem to be a few people on here asking the same questions, and i wondered if there was a guide to explain all this.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

To backup and HD-DVD, you need an HD-DVD drive firstly.

3. jadenik

jadenik Member

ive got an xbox 360 hd drive add on, and i have downloaded some hd movies

4. tddk

tddk Member

If you acquired hd movies the way i think you have, then they arent hd dvd iso's (images). They are rips using x264 codec. Your best bet would be to just stream those files directly to your hdtv using GOM player and acquiring the coreavc codec. That program/codec combo will play the mkv files on your computer.

The task of converting those back to a ripable iso would be a waste of time, since you will lose some quality by doing it have to re-encode all of that data, and burn it to a disk.

Just stream it to your hdtv from your computer, clean, easy, cheaper, and higher quality of image.