1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitar Hero 3 for the PS3: Discuss

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ethanpp77, Oct 25, 2007.

1. ethanpp77

ethanpp77 Guest

I'm really looking forward to the game on Sunday and I have it preordered already. But I was pissed to hear that they diddn't even go bluetooth with the controller and that the graphics are worse than the 360 version according to IGN. For the 100 bucks they are charging, they really could have gone with the better technology on the PS3.

I am generally satisfied with the list of songs the game has but there is still a few that people don't know are in the game or not, if someone could post the full song list with a note on whether the song is original or a cover that would be great.

I would like to see some other peoples opinions as well on the game and or songs.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
  2. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

I apologize for hijacking this thread but I have a question: do they offer a left-handed guitar? I've always wondered about this every time I see this game being played at a Best Buy. As a lefty, it'd be weird/difficult for me to use the righty guitar.

Any lefty out there using that righty guitar?

Back on topic, for what it's worth, I agree. For 100 bucks, it should be wireless. I think the other game, the one that offers the drums, that's wireless.

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

On the lefty subject I wouldn't think they make a guitar just for left handed people.

The only thing I have to really back that up (although I am not sure about GH 3, I am pretty sure it will too) is the fact that GH 1 and 2 both have a "lefty flip" option.

If GH 3 does not have a lefty flip option that would probably mean that they are making or have made a lefty guitar. But I wouldn't count on it.

Peace

4. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

Yea don't get your hopes up on a lefty guitar. it'll just be an option to flip the controls. And the controllers ARE wireless, Mr_Pink, just not bluetooth like they SHOULD be.
    I personally am looking forward to rockband, as I'm a drummer and also the career mode on that sounds pretty fricken sweet.

5. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Rock band looks cool but in my opinion its a little too much. Both money and physically.

I have a hard enough time finding places to stash my guitars (both real and GH2) let alone a drum set and yet another guitar.

Peace

6. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

The game looks pretty Sick. I'm not worried so much about the graphics, in Guitar Hero it doesn't matter much to me. I really don't like that they had to use an Adapter instead of using blutooth. I've noticed that at Futureshop it's $109.99 and at Best Buy it's $99.99, both Canadian. I agree though, we are paying too much for too little technology.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  7. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Not 100% confirmed or anything but apparently they have cut the entire solo out of Through the Fires and The Flames by Dragon force.

And WTF how the hell did the 360 get the better graphics again it was just a sony exclusive last year for christ sake. This M$ paying off companys to make the games better on the 360 than the ps3 (gta for example) is really underhanded and starting to piss me off.

And as for the lefty guitar i dont really see why the controls would have to be swapped, and the les paul is one of the more symetrical guitar designs so if they dont specifically make a lefty one its not gonna be as big of a deal as with the xplorer on the 360's gh2 version or nyko's frontman for the ps2.

8. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

It's OUT! What sucks is EVERY online store for Canada is sold out.

UPDATE: Just as I got home yesterday I went to http://bestbuy.ca and what do you know, they had 3 left, THREE! I ordered mine. Hope it will be awesome.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007