1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy Game Backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by wildebill, Apr 17, 2005.

1. wildebill

wildebill Member

PS2 - Guy Game is approx. 8.2 gigs when DVD Decrypter Finished Reading, I Tried to Write with My Dual Layer Dual Format Writer, DVD Decrypter Would Only Write the First Layer and Quit. How Do You Backup a 6 Thru 8 gig PS2 Games to a Dual Layer Disc Using DVD Decrypter or does it write more than a single layer.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Latest version of decrypter is 3.5.4.0. Is that the one you are using? I've burnt g.o.w. and gt 4 onto dl's with no problems. Also, have you updated your burner with the latest firmware? I had to do that to my sony 710a before it would burn a dl correctly.

3. wildebill

wildebill Member

I Updated 3.5.3.0. to 3.5.4.0. and firmware is also updated. Burner is MicroAdvantage DL / DF Drive. The Disc (Memorex and Verbatium) are Recognized as Dual Layer Disc, and DVD Decrypt Recognizes The back up on the Harddrive as 7-8 gigs just do not know what I,m doing Wrong?

4. wildebill

wildebill Member

I Updated 3.5.3.0. to 3.5.4.0. and firmware is also updated. Burner is MicroAdvantage DL / DF Drive. The Disc (Memorex and Verbatium) are Recognized as Dual Layer Disc, and DVD Decrypt Recognizes The back up on the Harddrive as 7-8 gigs just do not know what I,m doing Wrong?

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

If you are burning the dvd9 the same as you are a dvd5, everything should be alright. I've never heard of your burner, so I did a quick search.

http://www.techimo.com/forum/t83815.html

That link is one of many I found where people are complaining about the microadvantage. Although none of their problems seem to be the same as what you are having. Maybe it's your drive???

6. wildebill

wildebill Member

Thanks 4 The Reply Will go and Investigate Further. Thanks Again