1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys dont buy DMS3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by telescope, Mar 28, 2003.

1. telescope

telescope Regular member

This chip is some wat 80$ and is just performs like magic 3.1 but has some special features Its just like u r paying twice of magic 3.1
    Said by Charlie_Ps2

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Dude, I have personally installed and fully tested about 15 DMS3 chips on everything from a v.1 to V.7 and it has performed excellent. Mentioning the 3.1 and the DMS3 in the same line is an insult in its self!! The DMS3 chip is hands down the best chip I have worked with. Although I know charlie ps2 and he is a good businessman I would not listen to him. He is an official representative of the messiah 2 team. The DMS3 is a competitor and like all businessmen he will try to discount its potentsy to keep the messiah 2 on top. Take it from me dude, the DMS is real and ALL of its functions work. Some anti-mod back up games still detect it but most dont. And the multiregion works because not even 30 min ago I did a V.4 for a customer and he brought a Japanese movie w/ him and it worked just fine. Talk about what you know and not what you heard.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2003
  3. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

DMS3 sounds like a better chip than M2 but cost about $20 more than M2. Do i get my money worth for dms3?? Im still deciding which one to get.

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member

a chip that is $20 more that can save you about $60 when it comes time to upgrade

5. telescope

telescope Regular member

hai man
    L dube i didnot know that DMs 3 was so good
    I had heard a lot about charlie so in one of his site mentioned it was not appropiate and u r very correct he was stressing a lot on messiah 2 pro
    Thanx for the suggestion

6. telescope

telescope Regular member

hai man
    L dube i didnot know that DMs 3 was so good
    I had heard a lot about charlie so in one of his site mentioned it was not appropiate and u r very correct he was stressing a lot on messiah 2 pro
    Thanx for the suggestion

7. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

true the chip is more expensive, but I know all the best places to get the chip for less than $80. Try modchipman.com or consolecommunications.com. They are both great sellers and sell the chip for $69. And in about a week my buddy over at foundmy.com will be selling them for $61 a peice. You will save money over the long run through upgrade and its extra features make it more than worth the money.

8. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

What the deal I installed a DMS3 in a V4 and can't get the chip to even work! I am no noob what so every and the install, which I have done 3 times now is perfect in every way. All I recieve is a black screen and nothing else.

So in my case this chip is bogas.

vegas

9. Prime_vci

Prime_vci Guest

Yea l-dub have you looked therw the forms laltey lol...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2003
  10. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

well finally got it to work with a trick i tried. It's a really nice chip I really like it NOW that it works.. LOL

11. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Hey vehas, did you have a 1.0 green pcb chip or the 2.0 blue?

12. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

Blue 2.0 i beleive.

13. jdarenzo2

jdarenzo2 Guest

Hey guys l-dubb installed the DMS3 for me in my ps2 v7 and it plays everything supper fast loading. No problems at all. So I don't know what all the fuss is about and if 20 dollars breaks your bank WORK MORE.

14. Prime_vci

Prime_vci Guest

lol, why pay 20 more for somethign when for 20 less ug et somethign thats been tested and tested again??... ALso been reading threw other message boards and people are having alot of problems with the DMS3.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2003
  15. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Hey prime you are right about the messiah being fully tested. IF the DMS3 works then it is a great chip, but I have run into 2 more bad chips out of my bunch and am starting to get pissed at DMS!!

16. Prime_vci

Prime_vci Guest

Yea the dm3 sounds awsome.. i thought about it after i bought my messhia 2 pro but i was liek i will wait aand change only if dms3 does soemthign really overthetop and un herd of, and gets to the point of no real manufactur defcs or what not...... but as a i look at it meshiia 2 is been around a while and it does what i want it to do... "play backed up games" i havent ran into one problem witht he chip itself "me cutting a wire while putting it backtogether is pilot error" and just changing the clk wire to the alt. clk point and it fixed everything... so in serious if u are a tester go with dms3, if u jsut want to play backups with no real hassels go with messhia 2 pro, i think it is jsut peoples choice of what they are doing soem people want to just play backups and soem people want to try something new... so after saying this pic what u think best applys to you...

PS sorry about the crappy spelling and bad grammer.....

17. AutoEx

AutoEx Member

Hi JVegas, what trick did u used to get ur V4 ps2 to work with the DMS3 modchip?

18. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

What are the special features of DMS3?

19. c7015

c7015 Regular member

there are many special features like dvd 9 playback and standard features like that but the main feature that sets this chip apart is the ability to upgrade without even opening up your ps2 saving allot of time and money when it is time to upgrade

if you wnat all of the features just go to this link

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/24534

20. ELI_ICE

ELI_ICE Guest

This chip(DMS3) is awesome!! :), i love it.
    Now that i have install it on my V7, and i wanna know how to upload my gameshark2 V3 into my memory so i can direct boot?
    thanx for all the info and help.
    DMS3 rules!!!!
    My friends are jeaolous of me now cause they all have M2 pro Muah hahahahah....._X_X_X_X_X_[small]ELI the ICE man!
    Overclocked 1800+ Palomino[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2003