1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hackers have found a way to run retail PS3 games through hdd!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by sniper78, Feb 11, 2008.

1. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

From ps3news.com from maxconsole.com

hopefully this is legit!

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

even if this is true, its only on dev systems, NOT retail systems.

3. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

ye it is dev consols so its a load of crap really cus they have no security on them so they can run unasigned code

4. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Ya but once the security is broken on the average PS3, they're prepared with a hack.

5. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

But at the same time its stupid because they're starting at the finish. They should be working on the basics especially getting the PS3 to run unsigned code or at least try to get the PS3 to read a ntfs HDD. What they are doing now is basically is rim shopping for a car you haven't bought yet.

6. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

im not even going to get my hopes up. I dont care anymore

7. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

why would you?

8. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

even if they find a legit mod i probably wont do it to my ps3. i literally raped the ps2 and i kind of feel bad about it. now its xbox's turn ;)

9. whatevs

whatevs Member

now are you guys just pesismistic because it came from ps3news or are you all just always this negative. I, for one, am excited about the progress and hope something amazing comes from this.

10. Travar

Travar Member

Its called reverse engeneering. You take a thing and start to put it apart so you see what makes it thick.
    Once you know how its made, you have the knowledge to do it yourself.

So in my opinion reverse engeneering a test PS3 is the best possible thing they could be doing.

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Actually I would have to disagree with you,because a dev console and a retail console are different.If they are going to reverse engineer they should be working on a retail console.The point is they are not trying to find the difference between a dev console and a retail console.In my opinion it makes no sense at all,because anyone can run unsign code on a dev console.PS3News is trying to get attention by telling everyone they have a dev console.The fact is nobody cares about using a dev console,because the majority of people use a retail console.Instead of working with a dev console which doesn't work on retail consoles one would think to search for another possible way.PS3News are too stubborn to see a dev console is not getting anywhere.They can pride themselves with making little exploits that run on a dev console,but to be honest they are wasting time.They need to find the difference between them first,and then make an exploit so unsign code can run on a retail console.Instead they are working backwards on a system that can run unsign code to begin with? It doesn't make sense at all and yeah I don't like PS3News,because they steal other developers work when they can't produce anything themselves.They are wannabe hackers that lack common sense and need attention real bad because there parents didn't give them enough.

12. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

i don't feel like getting my PS3 like my PSP.

for:

1. PSP's kinda suck after your able to play backups. i dunno why. it just has a cheap feel to it i guess...

2. my PSP is basically ruined. cause i accidently wrote my other PSP's NAND to it. It's so easy to mess up a 200 dollar PSP, so it must be so easy to mess up a 500 dollar PS3.

13. marioinc

marioinc Member

Honestly, I don't really care either. Even if it was on a retail console with retail games, I don't like to pirate games. It just takes to much effort and you have to sacrifice too much. Besides I want to keep having good games, so I want the game companies to get paid. But one thing I don't agree on is the price point. I'm not a multimillionaire who doesn't know what to do with his-her money. I actually have a small wallet, and I can't just go and buy a game. Especially since here in Europe they don't even bother with the exchange rates, so a 60 dollar game is 60 euros, and 60 euros is actually about 95 bucks, so it's a lot of money. If they could just lower the prices a bit, a whole lot of people would buy much more games and the game creators would probably see a profit INCREASE, not decrease... At least that's what I think.

14. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

DUDE!! i didnt know they were like $95 over there. if they put that kind of price tag on a game here... well lets just say they wouldnt. i know my friends and me were about to have a cow when we saw that the price was actually $60. i wont get upset about our $60 price tag anymore.

15. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Cool tat. I'm a huge DBZ fan.

16. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

thanks man, a friend of mine drew it for me. i told him if he drew it i would get it tatted onto my arm. he did; so i did. and dont think im trying to belittle DBZ because im not, i love it too man. although the same friend introduced me to berserk too. that show is awesome and maddening at the same time because it ends so abruptly. but anyways, sorry to get off the topic there fellas. uhhhh...good job hackers?