1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacking Gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by elbatman, May 31, 2007.

1. elbatman

elbatman Member

I wanted to know what's the cheapest and safest way to mod my gamecube!
    Can I softmod use a flip top or swap disc?

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

If you mean swapdisc like ps2's swapmagic, there currently is not a swapdisc for the gamecube or any other console besides the ps2.
    I would say that the cheapest way would be to install a chip. As they are not that expensive right now, and installation is usually under 10 wires.

3. elbatman

elbatman Member

Thanks for the information and reply. Are chip that don't require soldering?

4. HG27

HG27 Guest

sorry, no solderless chip as of today
    The easiest would be the xenogc chip. It only requires 6 points to be soldered and is wireless. Meaning that it is soldered directly onto the board.

5. cac

cac Regular member

cant u dob what the gc back up guid says to do? Run the games from a pc/. With a broad band adapter and pso?

6. HG27

HG27 Guest

You could do that but then he would have to go hunting for all those things, and that will cost you more money that a chip would. Although it is probably safer, if you don't have much soldering experience. What I do is just practice on an old pc motherboard.

7. elbatman

elbatman Member

I don't have any soldering experience. I think i am going have to practice on a old pc then. I read on a forum here that you could use an action replay for the gamecube but, the action replay is impossible to find. I guess i will just solder. Thanks for the info.

8. HG27

HG27 Guest

no problem