1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half Life 2 Episode One

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by FARLEYACE, Jan 19, 2007.

1. FARLEYACE

FARLEYACE Member

Lets say that I downloaded Half Life 2 Episode One, and the way that I am suppposed to start up the game is by clicking on a bat file called "start," and when I do click on it, I get an error message saying "file is currently being used by another program." What would I do to solve this problem?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Buy the game.
    Solves all your problems, and keeps you from getting in trouble here for discussing things that are against the forum rules.

3. s3a

s3a Guest

@FARLEYACE: I'm not sure if this will help, but, press ctrl + alt + delete and then click on the "Processes" tab and search for what is using it and stop the process. If that doesn't work, then re-install Windows and try again to play it. If you like the game, you should purchase it.

Here is my problem [with Half-Life 2: Episode One]:
    I had a partition with windows xp and as usual Half-Life was working on the 16:9 setting. Then, I changed it to 16:10 and I don't remember which resolution I clicked but then the visuals stopped working. Now, I have created a whole new partition for this mere problem and had it all nicely set at 16:10 1680 by 1050. But having an ATI RADEON X600 PRO meant that I had to put all settings on low to be able to play the game at that resolution, so...I had decided to change the resolution to something else in the 16:10 category and now every time I launch the game, the visuals dont work (I can still hear the game)!

Is there a way I can change back the resolution in the windows environment or is there another way for me to fix this problem [that doesn't involve creating a new partition]?

Thanks in advance!

4. lonernz

lonernz Member

did u extract it to another folder so its unpacked mine works fine.