1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

half life 2 mod help

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by cybrspwn, Dec 23, 2007.

1. cybrspwn

cybrspwn Member

I have a cracked half life 2 game and i was wondering how to access and play hl2 mods. I hav downloaded goldeneye source and wanna play it, what do i do to play it

2. eiffel65

eiffel65 Regular member

Make sure you have Source SDK Base installed (It should come in with full version, but yours is cracked so.. ya...), then install the mod/s you want in your SteamApps folder or wherever it's supposed to go (If it came with an installer, it's probably a good idea to just let it find the folder itself.).

3. cybrspwn

cybrspwn Member

its cool now, i hav a legit steam but cracked hl2 and ep 1 and i cannot dl (dl = download for future refference) the source sdk but i figured out where i could put the files of the mod. so i backed up hl2 folder that is located in the half life 2 directory and copied the mods files into the hl2 folder and it works so i can either load start.bat witch is ep 1 or hl2.exe and it loads the mod instead of original hl2, but in goldeneye source its got a red error model in some places of the map. i'm gonna try removing that model from the folder and see if it works better. copying the mod files into the hl2 directory and replacing the old ones works with all mods neat trick ha. take that steam (steam = gay) and if i wanna play hl2 again i just delete the hl2 folder and copy the backup into the half life directory again and repeat for other mods and yes you have to delete before copying the hl2 folder back if ur using vista anyways because it keeps any new files that were not already in the original hl2 directory ex. perfect dark source has the uninstall and some other files they remain even if u replace the whole folder with the original

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  4. eiffel65

eiffel65 Regular member

Well that works too, but I didn't mean Source SDK, there's another program on the legit game named Source SDK Base.