1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half Lit LED Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by locobrown, Apr 25, 2007.

1. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I turned on my xbox this morining. I plugged it in powered it with a cd inside and instead of jumping to ms dash to set the clock the cd played and now the LED are only half lit. I go into XBMC under the LED settings and as I cycle through them, red is only half lit, orange is lit as orange and green lit on at the same time each takes one side of the LED circle, and green is lit completely.

Has this happened to any of you? This is the first time it has happened to me. The xbox boots normally without failure. I dont notice hardware problem.

Any thoughts? This seems unusual.

2. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

on of the wires on the leds has come loose. its no big deal

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I havent switched the LED wires around. I know that certain combinations can allow the LED to be lit and have combination of colors.

Here's a guide LED change:
    http://www.modzone.dk/forums/showthread.php?threadid=252

Half of the LED circle is lit red.
    [​IMG]

Orange and Green
    [​IMG]

I unplug the AV wire and the LED doesnt cycle orange and green. Instead green is lit with orange flashing half without a green flash.

I have two boxes and this one i havent opened it so its impossible to say the led wires were changed.

Maybe after the clock resets again after i leave it unpluged it might reset itself and all come back to normal. I dont know, has anybody encountered this before. Any thoughts? Drop me a line it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Your right! I apply pressure on the plastic around the LED and when i did that the other half lit up. Man i was sweatin it i never thought that something that was factory assembled it can loosen itself. LOL. Green works perfectly, if i switch to orange and apply minimum pressure it stays orange tap it again then it cycles orange green, tap it again and its orange again. Funny stuff.

Thanks.

5. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

that accually looks sweet, I want mine to do that! I might try to rearange the leds

6. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Im feelin the orange green led though. Now that i know that a wire came loose I’m cool about it, it got modified without opening the box on it own. But wouldn't that cause a short circuit? Its like when faulty wiring causes a light bulb to dim it eventually burns out. I’ll just stick to green it doesn’t seem to have a problem or I’ll just turn it off to be on the safe side until I decide to open this box and tighten that wire or change them around.