1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halfbricked psp hlp-will upack files but still halfed

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by fireman60, Jul 15, 2007.

1. fireman60

fireman60 Member

i have used the new 3.4oe and the thing halfbricked on me i have read other threads on how to recover and have got further than i was. i made a recovery file in psp/game and put 1.5 and 3.4 in there. did the recovery r button thing and selected the recovery option, it upacked and and read both files and gave me a good SHAL file? and was verified,psp shut itself down and i restarted and still have halfbrick. also most of my files have disappered off my stick, i would like to get back to 1.5 or 3.4 i dont care, please help if there is anything i left out, a file or boot somewhere

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Try the link in my sig to go back to 1.50. Recovery mode...run prog at /psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp... u know how...

3. fireman60

fireman60 Member

thanks alot worked. i can leave those files in the recovery right just incase

4. fireman60

fireman60 Member

also is it ok to delete the 3.4oe installer and updater or do i need to leave them in

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You can delete everything. In fact, you should format the stick with your OE first. It'll delete everything you don't need and create all necessary folders.

You don't have to have anything in recovery folder. If you should semi-brick again, you can put them back in by going to recovery menu, then toggle on usb. But, it's your choice.

6. fireman60

fireman60 Member

thanks to all who helped and the info, working perfectly now