1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halflife2.iso problems(need help)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jxsilicon, Dec 29, 2004.

1. jxsilicon

jxsilicon Guest

I have a downloaded halflife2.iso image i got from edonkey. When i try to use winiso to open the file i get "Cannot open file:it appears to be an invalid format image!" I think it has something to do with the file being 2.11gb. Cause the winiso has a max of 700mb. So can anyone help me with this problem? I also tryed openeing it with nero and got "The entered block size does not correspond to the image length. The block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem?"

2. Renas

Renas Member

I don't know about the limit, but you can try UltraIso and Isobuster which will open it for sure.
    Ill give you instructions how to use Isobuster though:

when you open the image file in the box, select all and right click and click "Extract Raw but convert to user data" and extract it to the folder that you want to extract it to. 2.11GB should take about 15min. tops.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  3. Renas

Renas Member

For more help:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  4. jxsilicon

jxsilicon Guest

I tried isobuster and i got this message: the primary volume descriptor(pvd)is unreadable.
    Read error address:16.
    Device reported error:05/64/01

Then after i click ok its shows track 01 which is 1.84gb. I click the extract raw convert into user data and it gives a few unreadable sector areas. After the extraction it shows the errors. Do you know of any other programs that can fix this or identify the invalid format image?

5. Renas

Renas Member

Hmm, I'm not familiar with this problem as I've never had it before, but a quick google search said that there's often no way to retrieve the data if the PVD isn't found. You could however try UltraIso or MagicIso, but sounds like a corrupt file to me.

6. jxsilicon

jxsilicon Guest

Do you know of a way to check which file type this is? I think it could be another file type.

7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

The ISO, like all ISO is Mode1/2048 :)

8. jxsilicon

jxsilicon Guest

Do you know of how to read the file types? Cause this could be another file type then changed to iso.