1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hall.dll missing, no hd

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rrbader, Jan 9, 2005.

1. rrbader

rrbader Member

My machine was working fine since I put it together 3 months ago. I have fast user switching enabled with my wife having her own account on the computer. My wife resumed the machine from being in suspend mode this morning and didn't do anything out of the ordinary - 1. checked hotmail (no emails), 2. searched google images to print images for her class 3. Then walked away. Either the screen saver was on or the monitor was off when she got back. Moving the mouse turned the monitor back on, and the desktop was there, but no task bar, no icons, ctrl+alt+del didn't do anything.
    I hit the reboot button the computer.
    When the computer was booting up, I eventually got a message that the hall.dll was corrupt or missing and to replace it. I tried to use a rescue disk, and I may have created it wrong way back when, or it simply just didn't work - the computer just kept beeping after I rebooted with the disk in it.
    I found some info on missing hall.dll, and attempted to use the XP cd and get to the repair option. When I selected "R" to repair, it said that there was no hard drive. (what?)
    I checked the hardware to see if any wires were loose. They were fine. When I boot up, it displays that the hard drive is connected.

I'm not sure what is going on here. The only thing I can think of is to check to see if this 3 month old 120 Gig SATA Hatache hard drive went bad. Man that would suck.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

I think you left out the PS2 question, or have you stumbled into the wrong forum?

3. rrbader

rrbader Member

wrong forum I guess.