1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 freezing and slow w/ softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Burgers, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Burgers

Burgers Guest

Everytime I try to play Halo 2 burned onto my HDD it freezes on the main screen. With the disk in it's slower than hell. This all happened after I fixed my HDD with XBOXHDM. Now I have put Halo 2 on 2 other xbox's using the same method, modded then and everything but on mine it freezes. Can anyone help?

2. jonels

jonels Regular member

find and clear the cache folder

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  3. Burgers

Burgers Guest

What is the cache folder? Is it called the cache folder? Please help...

4. jonels

jonels Regular member

i believe its in the E:\ directory (i have not got an xbox but have read loads of posts).. anyway its called "cache" and you have to delete the files in it to fix this common problem ... use boxplorer or something

5. Burgers

Burgers Guest

Alright thanx, do I have to do it from the xbox or would an FTP program work?

6. Burgers

Burgers Guest

Okay I deleted the files from the cache folder, and the situation has definately improved although the loading times are still abnormaly long. I guess I can deal although if there are any ideas to increase speed it helps =)

7. jonels

jonels Regular member

try http://www.xbox-scene.com./ is it loading slow off the dvd too ? also bear in mind the cache files would have to rebuild, but it does sound as if you have a problem

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  8. Burgers

Burgers Guest

Yeah actually turns out after I loaded one of the campaign levels now they all boot up at normal speed. Thanx though =)