1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 FTP'd too big. How to fix?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Frogbert, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Frogbert

Frogbert Member

I FTP'd Halo 2 from my xbox drive to my computer, and then used Quix to turn it into an ISO, but the ISO it creates is far too large to put onto a dvd. What do i need to do here? Are there some files i need to delete from the game cd folder before i create the ISO or what?

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

if you look at the size you will see its only like 13 meg too big.

Delete the 50 meg+ update.xbe and it will fit.

3. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

i just made and ISO of halo 2 and it is 4.39gb (needs to be 4.37 to fit on a single layer disc) then i tried to do what you said to do, and the update.xbe file is only 2.2mb (the 50mb thing you said to delete is that the dashupdate.xbe file) also is that file to do with the xbox live?

4. Frogbert

Frogbert Member

i deleted update, updatedashboard, and download.xbe and it works perfectly. Thank you very much for the help.

Yeah, i am pretty sure those files have to do with Xbox live, but with a modded machine..well, you dont want to sign directly onto xbox live.. xbox connect is more modded xbox friendly...

5. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

well i deleted the updatedashboard.xbe and update.xbe and i burnt it but it diddnt work for me. should i get rid of the downloader.xbe file. also did you burn it to a plus or minus dvd cause i burnt it to a minus and it just froze the xbox.

6. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

Qwix works fine

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008