1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 Help please!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Fahq138, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Fahq138

Fahq138 Member

I have been getting two errors while playing halo 2 one of them has been during X box live play: "you failed to load the map" I have no idea why it keeps happening but i have to restart my system and then it will work really annoying when in a live game.

Second error happens when i restart, sometimes mid game it all depends but i get the dirty disc or please insert halo 2 in to the xbox when its all ready in there.

I have a completly standard system that i have had for about a year. Any idea how to fix the problem?

Thank you for any help

2. mormondad

mormondad Member

I'm having the same exact problems. I have yet to find a solution. I hope someone can help.

3. zazabinx

zazabinx Member

dude omg. me too. like i dont have xbox live, but i invited all my freinds over and I tried to play some levels, and some of them said that it failed to load or sumtin. I just got it yesterday. PLZ HELP. thx

4. coltus16

coltus16 Member

i have the same problem to! but i know one solution for the xbox cannot reconised the disk.you guys need a new dvd drive.

5. jnd3

jnd3 Member

That crap keeps happening to me too. I will get to the end of a level and as it is loading the movie - it gets the dirty disk. I also can only play about 3 games online before the failed map messsage. I thought it was my xbox since I bought one of the originals...

6. 989player

989player Member

hey, i'm having the same problem over and over. i'm pretty sure it's a bit with the hardware, though. my xbox is one of the older ones, the year it came out. my disc drive sounds really sloppy and i have to restart it everytime, and it's only with HALO 2! if you guys find out anything please post it as i'll do here as well. gl

7. Brassball

Brassball Member

I've been having the same problem, i have just put in a new DVD-rom into the xbox the day that i got halo and i have the map error so it gotta be something else

8. burger

burger Member

first try cleaning the pick up lense in your dvd in the box. open it up remove the hdd case and the dvd case also. take the two screws on top of the player. the side u should be looking at the side that has the label " dont press on the case ". the two screws are on either side of the player remove those and slide the top silver case off. take some acohol and a q-tip rub the lense take some compressed air and blow off to make sure there is no moisture or residue there, plus u can clean the inside of the player out also. put back together but leave the top case off and reboot with halo 2 in or what ever game and see if u still get the error message about the disk. if not put the case back on and play on!!!! not to sure about your other issue when playing online though. Let me know if it works for u i had a friend who had the same disk read error message also. After helping him with it no problems since then!!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004