1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HALO 2 MODDING tutorial - NO EMAIL addresses or instant banning

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by xyron, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xyron

xyron Guest

ok so you have a softmodded xbox, and you copied halo 2 to your xbox harddrive and you have a FTP connection between your xbox and pc so you can transfer halo 2 files. if you have all of these then i will tel you what to do next.

1.first of all create a blank folder called 'HALO 2 backup maps' on your pc, now get an ftp connection and go into your halo 2 folder on your xbox, now go into maps and transfer all multiplayer maps to 'HALO 2 backup maps' folder.

2.now put your backup maps folder where you would never go.

3.create another blank folder called 'modded maps', now copy all the maps in 'HALO 2 backup maps' to the modded maps folder.

4.now download the latest .NET Framework from the microsoft website, and install the .NET Framework

[bold]here is a link to download .NET Framework-[/bold]
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8F-287E-4C7E-9A4A-A4ECFF40FC8E&displaylang=en

[bold]updated link to .NET FRAMEWORK![/bold]

5.now go into halomaps.com and download a programe called Dothalo, this is under xbox programes/halo2

[bold]here is a link to download DOTHALO-[/bold]
    http://www.halomaps.com/dothalo.html

if your dothalo doesnt work then use this older version on dothalo called halo 2 edit

[bold]Halo2edit for ppl whos dothalo doesnt work[/bold]
    http://www.halomaps.com/h2edit.html

6.install dothalo, if dothalo does not open then you probably didnt install the right .NET framework.

7.if dothalo works then open a map you want to mod, make sure you open the map from the 'modded maps' folder.

8.now if you want to apply a .PPF to a map then simply click APPLY PPF PATCH, then it will ask you for the ppf, goahead and put the ppf in and click apply ppf patch.

9.once the patching is done, click 'fix encryption', and once the encryption has been fixed, close the map.

10.get your ftp connection back and overwrite(replace) the map in the halo 2 folder in you xbox with the one you just modded.

11.once the transfer is done, reboot your xbox and start halo 2, and enjoy your modded map.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM I OR ANY OTHER MODDER WILL ANSWER YOU QUESTION/S.

a lot of people dont understand this so i will say it again, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO ON XBOXLIVE WITH A MODDED MAP< YOU WILL SURELY GET BANNED.

[bold]for online gameing with modded xbox here are the links-[/bold]
    FOR XBCONNECT-
    http://www.xbconnect.com

FOR XLINK KAI-
    http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

[bold]here is a tutorial on how to softmod your xbox
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/228493

here is a tutorial on how to FTP
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/228294[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005
  2. help12345

help12345 Guest

what will it say if u got banned?

3. help12345

help12345 Guest

if u hve amodded amp already will u be able to just transfer and overwrite the maps on xbox?

4. xyron

xyron Guest

this might work but its best to use the maps in your xbox.

i dont even have xboxlive so i have no clue what it would say ;)

is the tutorial understandable?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  5. xyron

xyron Guest

the best place for playing online with modded maps would be to play on xbconnect, DO NOT GO ON XBOX LIVE, YOU WILL GET BANNED

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  6. help12345

help12345 Guest

umm like dont u hve to do sometin with a premodded map u downloaded before u apply a ppf patch?????????? im very new at this

7. xyron

xyron Guest

ok, to my knowledge you have a ppf patch for a map.

what do you do-

use the map in the modded maps folder(READ MY TUTORIAL), these dont need to be altered.

fresh map(nonmodded)+.ppf file= modded map.

get it!

8. turedemon

turedemon Guest

can anyone tell me what .net framework i need for dot halo

9. oRg

oRg Member

If you go on Xbox Live with a modded map you will be able to play for a couple hours before you get banned from Matchmade Games. This includes everything except custom games. After awhile you'll get banned form custom games as well. You may not get banned immediately but you will get banned eventually.

Also if you create another GT to mod with and help take your main name rank up, your main account will be suspened for an hour at first. I don't know if it'll get suspended any longer for repeated offenses but I personally wouldn't want to find out. If you want to mod online just use XBConnect. It's a free alternative to XBL, unless you want to get XBConnect Pro in which case it will cost you $15.

10. xyron

xyron Guest

here is a link to download .NET FRAMEWORK http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...95-717c-4ef7-817b-bdefd6947019&DisplayLang=en

if im not suppsoed to give this url then by all means tell me so i can remove it ;)

@oRg

this is great help, thx a lot!

@all that want to softmod their xboxex and use halo mods

do some research first on the conciquences, cause dont come crying to the ppl that helped you saying, i cant go on xboxlive.

SO DO YOUR RESEARCH, TRUST ME IT WILL HELP YOU A LOT

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005
  11. TREYN

TREYN Guest

HOW DO YOU PUT YOUR HALO 2 MODS ON YOUR HARDDRIVE FROM YOUR XBOX?

12. xyron

xyron Guest

FTP them to your pc. do you know how to do that?

i added a link to who to ftp, its at the bottom of my first post

13. Angrymob

Angrymob Member

I want to know how to make a mod for halo 2 and i dont have the software where can i get it???? plz help

14. xyron

xyron Guest

ok first off all i wrote the name of the website in the tut.

but i give it to you once more

its called halomaps.com, this is where you will be able to find all the programms you need. look under xbox programs and then in halo 2 and it will have a programme called dothalo, its kinda the eaiset programme to use.

15. jaketh

jaketh Member

oops

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  16. xyron

xyron Guest

i have been to that website before, why does it have downloads for full .map files, and its illigel to put those up for download. but kinda good tut though

17. Smurphy

Smurphy Guest

i am new at this too i softmodded my xbox and a friend gave me a modded map and i have the pmartFTP i just want to know how to save halo2 to my hardrive

18. Smurphy

Smurphy Guest

no one wants to help thats ok

19. xyron

xyron Guest

sorry for not repleyin mate, but i had some skool stuff to take care of,

but ya in order to save halo 2 your hdd you need to use an application called dvd2xbox, it should be in the application section or where ever you keep your applications,

when you go into dvd2xbox, just insert the halo 2 disk in and select copy dvd/gane to harddrive, after that is finished the(the copying) the disk would automaticly eject,

so ya thats how you save halo 2 into hdd,

20. hunkre

hunkre Guest

is it possible to mod halo on your computer then make a xbox disk of it and play the mods from disk also in theory this if possible would be an easier way to mod on xbl(if your dumb enough)with the origanal maps without haveing to move the maps to the tdata section of your xbox since it loads direct from disk for origanal maps and off tdata for new ones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.