1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 3 ban!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by StilDeath, Sep 24, 2007.

1. StilDeath

StilDeath Regular member

I work security at walmart and we found a kid that works there grabbed a copy of halo 3 early, microsoft and our head office got in touch with us about it we tracked him down and had a confrenece about what to do..but skipping past all of that the microsoft rep was talking about that the persons game tag would be banded permanitly if he had tried to go online with the game before 12 oclock tonight (live in canada eastern time) she said this was inplace for any game and user who tried to access the game before midnight..im not sure if she ment loggin onto live and using the game or using the multiplayer of the game, i know with my copy i can not access mutiplayer bc the servers are not up yet..hopefully this isnt true or im screwed with im sure alot of other ppl, if any one gets banned pls confirm spose to happen 12 tonight.

2. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

2 people on my friends list have halo 3 and they both seem to sign in quite frequently so I dont think microsoft is going to ban people now as those people on my friends list would not have signed in to live earlier.

3. StilDeath

StilDeath Regular member

at midnight when they launch there servers its spose to take place

4. StilDeath

StilDeath Regular member

thats what the microsoft rep had told us..maybe it was just to scare other ppl away maybe not but i guess we'll find out, im hoping not or ill be banned if its true

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

MS did release a statement stating that they wouldn't be banning anyone who was playing the game early. For them to go back on that now could end up being a big headache.

After all, the kid owns a legimate copy of the game. It's not his fault it was sold early. And there are many more who have legally bought it early.

6. Memnock

Memnock Active member

The servers were up this morning. I already played a few games online.

7. StilDeath

StilDeath Regular member

ok sweet cuz i got mine early to that would really suck

8. Uslydevil

Uslydevil Member

just in case everyone was worried, i was just on and its all good to go on live.

9. AvidGamer

AvidGamer Member

ive had my copy of halo for a week now the servers were always open tho only about 200 people would be playing

10. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

being playing my copy for a few hours now.

11. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

hmm, doesnt sound very honest to me. microsoft isnt going to track down one person from walmart when hundreds of people had it before release day, last night waiting i saw a guy come up with five copies trying to sell them 150 bucks each.

12. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

hey mike i havent seen you in a while. anyway. $150 for halo 2. i got my copy at 10 this morning and they had over 50 copies and 4 legendary. bungie did a good job stocking the game. and if microsoft was going to ban anyone they would have done it while i was online playing matchmaking yesterday.

13. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

you should have let him go!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  14. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

Hey i think they are doing somehting live on the dashboard is down yet halo 3 matchmaking is still up???? whaaaa anyway Im just tryin to be extra extra careful cause once your banned... your banned.