1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 3 Beta Now Available

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by fgamer, May 16, 2007.

1. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Well I must say I've been waiting like crazy for the beta to come out, I can finally now say that it's downloading fine so far for me. I'm actually using a copied Crackdown game disk to download the beta, it ought to be interesting to see if they'll ban me. I'm willing to take that risk since I got another 360 I can use for live.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

have fun waiting. its going to take all night to download. i have been going strong for a good 10 minutes and i have gotten about 0 percent downloaded

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I am also downloading! I am using my crackdown at a local internet cafe because my 360 is fried!

4. Spartan28

Spartan28 Regular member

To get Halo 3 Beta, I dont have Crackdown can I get it if I go and rent it like at blockbuster or what. Do I have to have a certain disc that says halo 3 beta included? Doesnt the beta end June 6 or 7 and it will stop at there is can you keep playing it forever?

5. fgamer

fgamer Guest

It finally finished downloading and it's playing perfectly with my copied Crackdown disk, so far the multiplayer is pretty good.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you have to have the disc in your xbox to play so renting it will let you play it for like 5 days, but once the beta is over its over.

7. ucfmoe

ucfmoe Regular member

I just finished downloading the beta and when I try to play it, it says the beta is either unavailable or expired!!!! Whats the deal?

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

ucfmoe are you using a downloaded copy of crackdown?

9. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

More info would be nice! I would contact XBOX Live support

10. jonbest

jonbest Member

For FGAMER,

Has your xbox been flashed with the jitterfix or not before playing the beta with a backup?

11. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i just played online with a modded console and im not sure whats going on but i played one game and then got kicked off and then tested my xbox live connection everything passed except my xbox live connection, it failed. has anyone else had this issue?

12. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I'm using the Xtreme 5.3 fimrware.

13. jonbest

jonbest Member

Yeah so that means you have the jitterfix. I'm trying to figure out who is doing it without this fix and those who are doing it without the fix.

That way if people start getting banned we'll find out how effective this new firmware is.

14. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I'm playing the beta on 5.2d without the jitter fix. I used a burned copy. I like putting things to the test just so I have all the possible 1st hand info. If it means a ban later the so be it. I doubt it'll happen to only people without the jitter fix, because I'd think MS would want to ban everyone at once as long as it didn't affect non modders or not ban anyone one at all.

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  15. jonbest

jonbest Member

Isn't the idea though that the jitterfix stops the backup from being detected?

If so then it is possible that only those without the fix would be banned.

16. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Did you not read the last sentence I wrote? In case you did and didn't follow I'll make it clearer. Microsoft would like to ban jitter fix users too. If jitter fix really works then they will wait until they have a better method to mass ban or not bother at all. They don't want ANYONE to get away with playing backups. This is why I've never bothered with any of this stealth patching crap, because it's not like MS doesn't know about it and further supports my theory. If I'm wrong I don't care about having to get a new Live account or new 360. I just don't feel like doing extra work if I don't have to.

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  17. jonbest

jonbest Member

Ah I see what your saying (I did read what you said but got the context muddled).

Lets hope it takes them until the autumn dash update before they try anything :)

18. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

they cant detect it anyway. if they could they would have mass banned everyone from the get go. jitterfix or not, older firmwares have been used for a while now and they had no jitterfix on them so everyone could have been banned by now. all the firmwares are stealth, they cant detect them at all.

19. fern148

fern148 Regular member

Yo Mem I'm with you..If they ban me I'll just buy a new one just to play online.

20. sebast1an

sebast1an Member

Watch out for Xbox live guys!

Downloaded the Halo 3 beta with a backup of Crackdown, and did got the first error that it was Game Over or end of the beta period. Did a restart with pressing "Up on D-pad and A" as beta loaded up till Bungie menu came up to apparently do maintenance...

Got logged out of live, and when did a test it got to the Xbox Live row and failed... Doing a more info for status codes gives:

W: 0000-000B
    X: 0000-000D
    Y: 00AB-6800
    Z: 8015-190D

Doing a more info beside NAT explains about "This console has been banned for violations of the Terms of Use". To protect the Xbox Live serive and its members, Microsoft does not provide details about console bans. There is no recourse for Terms of Use violations"

I'm using a softmodded 360, not too sure what firmware to be honest... apologies...

Also, from another topic, check here
    Bugger...