1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo 3... co-op campaign... ends up being single player??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dsdavis6, Oct 1, 2007.

1. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

how the hell do u actually get someone to join in over xbox live or join someone elses game? unless you can only play it with your friends list or something and seeing as most of my friends list arent into shooters that could be a major problem... anyway, if anyone could let me know that this is the problem or not just so i know. thanks

2. catsee

catsee Guest

dude i hate that sh%t, i was so looking forward to the coop camp until i saw how it wrks, u can send invites to join ur room and ur friends can join ur room and lastly ur last people u played online with can join ur room, but u cannot random join a room with people playing camp? i hope u understand. It really seucks for me because i only have 1 friend on my list and he works alot so now im stuck on the 5 level until gets back online

3. theridges

theridges Guest

well think if you randomly joined a room and one of the people just kept betraying you that wouldn't be fun at all, i dont want to play campaign with complete strangers anyways...

4. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

yeah, i see where your coming from, but a friendly fire option would be useful, im not saying that you should only be able to play with random strangers, it would just be nice for those of us who dont know lots of people with an xbox let alone halo 3. i dont understand why it has "xbox live open" as an option when in fact it is not open like you would expect. its just so pointless...

5. steimy

steimy Active member

that is one mode i would like to try out myself. But most of the people on my friends list play other modes. If you would like you can add me to your list and i will be glad to try it out with you.
    I should be home tonight between 5:30PM and 8PM EST if your interested. (steimy69)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  6. Dem0n

Dem0n Member

Yeah. This is very annoying. A friend of mine told me that Bungie might be making an update for the game, where it changes this. I'm not sure of the believability, but it would be nice.

7. catsee

catsee Guest

yeah that feature turned me off i need help from level 5-8 its soo much better when u play with people

8. ostationo

ostationo Member

I heard that there is no functional Co-op mode for the campaign because of issues with mapping players in far separated areas simultaneously. I read the programming just isn’t that far along yet, but it could have been an old thread.... Have you guys successfully played a co-op campaign? My username is ostationo, please add me to your friends I am all about some co-op campaign. I will be playing a lot. I will add you too.

9. jsmack79

jsmack79 Member

add me too!

JSmack79

I would like to play co-op... but don't have anyone to play with.

10. emachine

emachine Guest

Cannonball3

add me and we'll bang some aliens.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007
  11. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

hey, im gona add you all, seeing as its up to 16 players maybe we could all play together at some point :)

12. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, me and ostationo played a bit last night. It was a blast. Way better than playing single player.

I am up for a game if i can tonight. It would be around 9:30 EST or so until i get home though. If not, Thursday would be the next time i can get up a game (after 5:30 EST)

13. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

add me I will be on starting tomorrow/Thursday night whenever I can - thedragon281

I have been working nonstop since it came out, haven't had a chance to play online with it yet

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  14. ostationo

ostationo Member

Yeah co-op was really fun. Nightmare (old Doom player) or whatever the setting is was awesome. With 4 players, which I think is the max, it would be so sick. Steimy, I added your buddy to my friends, I'm going to add all the people in this room too. See you on Halo guys.

15. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, i will most likely add anyone Thursday who has not already sent me a request. Just make sure if you can let me know your from AD when sending them or i will have no idea who you are and may delete it before i figure it out.

16. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

yeah i have been busy since i started this thread so i wont be able to play until tomorrow night probably... but im in the UK so that may cause some problems time wise :(

17. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

Well, I will add you, and hopefully we will both be on at some point...

18. steimy

steimy Active member

dsdavis6, no worries. There is always weekends when people do not have to worry about how late they are up.

19. ostationo

ostationo Member

Everyone should add everyone in this forum as a friend. my screen name is the same as my screen name here ostationo

20. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

I will be in the enxt day or so when I get a chance to log on. My screen name is in my sig.