1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 3 - Possible Endings

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by farrellx, Nov 20, 2004.

1. farrellx

farrellx Member

Alright I am going to speak about something for Halo 3 - note this is all speculation and I have no basis for this other then my own imagination.

Halo 3 will begin with the Master Chief fighting for Earth on a Covenant space ship. The spaceship will have the Prophet of Truth on it cause, as we know, he boarded the transport ship at the end of Halo 2. Now I think upon killing the Prophet of Truth both sides will take a reprieve as the Covenant regroups and looks for new leadership, the new leader: the Arbiter.

Meanwhile, the Arbiters search for the Ark will lead him to Earth which I am thinking is the Ark. That would of course make humanity decesndants of the surving Forerunners, interesting eh. Now while on the Ark, Cortona will somehow make contact with the Chief and inform him that the Flood is spreading and suggest activating the Rings. In order to perserve all life in the galaxy the Humans and Covenant will fight together against the Flood to try and stop it. Many will die as they go after the life of Gravemind and end in an epic battle which will again destroy another Ring, and Gravemind along with it, thus ending the Flood infection, for now.

Your thoughts please.

2. beg4mercy

beg4mercy Guest

Sounds pretty good but i think that MC and the Arbiter will team up and fight brutes,flood and i bet one other life form will come into play because w/ just the humans covenant and the flood we alr3eady know whats going to happen so there gonna bring i n a new alien/what ever lif form so it will be like a every man for himself except the elites are with the humans

3. farrellx

farrellx Member

I dont agree with the addition of a new race to the Halo universe, by doing that they would undermine their current success with three species (or factions rather). I do agree they wil probably be fighting Brutes at first. But one must consider what will happen if in fact the Master Chief kills the last Prophet.

Your answer did arouse a certain thought in my head, truthfully the Brutes will not want to be loyal to the Arbiter because they dont seem to get along well with the Elites and he was the one who killed Tartarus. So that will be very interesting.

That aside, I am thinking that Bungie will try to repeat history, as is a common theme in stories. If you remember from the First Making of Video that was released before the game, their was some artwork and talk about a battle that happend 990,000 + years prior aka the Battle between the Flood and the Forerunners. SO I think we can expect some awesome imagery from old Forerunner facilities during the Arbiter search for the Ark, which I again think is Earth and it will come to find that Humans are the descendants of the Forerunners, and then the Covenant and Humanity will live in peace after they defeat the Flood.

Additionally, the possibility of the Arbiter and MC teaming up is rather slim, given the animosity between them for the obvious reasons of what happend at Halo, though with his new found knowledge, the animosity on the part of the Arbiter, may be somewhat lessend, we shall see.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  4. beg4mercy

beg4mercy Guest

I am starting to agree with your theory on three races but the humans need the elites... somehow they will be put together they will have to pu aside there feelings and fight for what they both want...(plus it was really fun being the arbiter)