1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo for pc glitching

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by izanbaby, Aug 31, 2007.

1. izanbaby

izanbaby Member

hey i have the halo 1 demo for pc and i use it to play online and when ever i join a game, it starts to get sooo slow and if i run upto a car, then it pauses for a second and i end up not even close to the car. And in the middle of gameplay, a little icon would pop up at the bottom of the screen and when ever that is there it makes the game freeze. whats going on here? we just recently format our computer so everything is fast on it. so then whats the problem?

2. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

does it have a cross thru the icon? if so its the server your on or its because you pings too high... try closing other programs down and maybe update you graphics card and get more ram if possible but if you have graphics problems with the demo then you will have a big problem with other games

3. farahm2

farahm2 Member

yeah im having the same problem. the little icon looks like a phone jack and then it has a red X next to it. so ur saying that its either the server or ping. well this happens on every server i join. but i think our graphics card is fine, we just bought a new one. its a Nvidia GE Force 6200 A-LE. i dont know too much about video cards but im pretty sure its good.

4. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

well anything thats nvidea is a bonus so thats great but i think your connection is busy or something else is using it..have you got anything else on like a phone or other pc

5. farahm2

farahm2 Member

yea i have another pc but its on another level of the house. maybe the problem could also be because im not getting a strong enough connection wit my wireless card

6. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

well, thats it then... wireless is not good for playing games unless you are close if possible unplug router and create a direct connection with a pc then it should be fine... i hate using my router for playing games as it glitchy