1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo2 version update + map pack installation

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by delux2257, Apr 26, 2005.

1. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Member

Yeah, i also got the Halo_2_Map_Packs_XBOX-READNFO-AWSK file and dont know how to install it. It has multiple rar files that are exactly the same. The file also didnt come with a Read Me file, so im pretty much lost. Any help fellas?

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

PRPitbull extract the ISO using WinRar, then follw the instructions from the top of this thread.

3. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Member

Thanks. My friend helped me out with it. I didnt have the update file, i only had the map pack, so thats why i hit a road block. That and the fact that the map pack i download came with 6 different win rar files of the same exact thing. It threw me off. thanks for responding though

4. Duderstyl

Duderstyl Guest

here is what i did.

With FTP i could not see whats in the map 4d530064 so thats why used avalaunche dashboard from evox slayer.

1. i removed the files inside 4d530064
    2. i installed The update
    3. i installed the maps from Halo_2_Map_Packs_XBOX-READNFO-AWSk
    4. i moved the update map to the folder were $C is in and renamed it $u
    5. i rebooted the xbox and checked if the new maps were availible
    AND THEY WERE NOT!!!

plz can somewan tell me what i did wrong!!!

Many thanks

5. Duderstyl

Duderstyl Guest

EDIT:

I burned the Halo_2_Map_Packs_XBOX-READNFO-AWSK on a CD an than installed them.

Man why is this not working :S :S :(

6. werbito

werbito Guest

Okay so here's a question for you guys. I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere so far...

1) grabbed the torrent
    2) unrared
    3) ftp'd to my xbox in the folder where my games are
    4) I see the entry to run the Halo 2 Maps Installer
    5) Try to execute it, or the default.xbe in the folder, my entire xbox hangs. Blank screen, nothing.

I've downloaded it twice and transferred it 5-6 times, same problem. Seems to work for everyone else. I believe my torrent + rar is good. Is there any way to install by hand? Does anyone have a clue?

7. Duderstyl

Duderstyl Guest

I tried it again but for the 1000 time i dindn't work
    I have the french pirate version of halo2 is this maybe a reasen why it wont work?

I made the map E:/Tdata/4d530064 empty and then installed the update and right after that the mappacks (killtacular and bonus). Then i rebooted my xbox. Then i placed the update map with the $C map in E:/Tdata/4d530064 After that i placed halo2 in the drive and started the game. Wan's again.. NO NEW MAPS.

Whats wrong!!? Do i have to empty more maps!? my profiels are still there when i have emptyed the 4d530064 map?

I hope you understand my problem ;)

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Do a fresh install. Find the folder 4d530064 in E:/TDATA/ and delete it. Delete the cache in X, Y, and Z folders, and also Halo 2 game saves. Boot Halo 2 up and play, then save the game. Put in the disc that you've burnt and choose "Update" then install the maps. Take out the disc, go back to Evox and use FTP. Check the folder 4d530064 again and you should see a $C folder, inside it there are 3 more folders. Find the folder with the word UPDATE at the end and move it to the same root as the $C folder, and rename it to $u. Reboot Xbox and load up Halo 2, the new maps should appear in Multiplayer mode. If not then I don't know what could be wrong. Unless you have some kind of modified Halo 2 maps installed also, then they might be conflicting each other.

9. Duderstyl

Duderstyl Guest

with Ftp i cant see the map "$C" i dont know why, but i used avalaunche dashboard from evox and coppied and renamed the map that way.

Can i delete every thing in the maps X Y and Z???!!

10. Duderstyl

Duderstyl Guest

and maybe cause i have the pirated version of halo2??? in franse spoken languitch

11. Duderstyl

Duderstyl Guest

oke i tryed it again! dindt work. I think its my halo2 version whats the problem. Iam gona download a new wan.

Very strange is that when i go to the normal Microsoft Dashboard and then go to memory it says HALO 2 MAPPACKS INSTALLED!!! so i dont get it.. why does HALO2 not see it.
    With Systemlink i can load the map if the other xbox is hosting. But i can not host the Maps myself!!!? :S :S :S

12. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

It's probably your copy of Halo 2 then cuz it should work if you follow the instructions.

13. Duderstyl

Duderstyl Guest

well you say it.. Thanks very mutch for helping :)

14. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

No problem. Let me know how it turns out.

15. Duderstyl

Duderstyl Guest

Do i fusk up my xbox if i empty the X Y and Z map?

16. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

No you won't.

17. Padavan01

Padavan01 Guest

is there a way to get the autoupdate for Halo 2 for the german PAL version???
    wanna play the new maps :)

18. chaput87

chaput87 Member

I have loaded the update...the bonus pack and the killtacular pack in that order. I cannot play the killtacular maps....it sais failed to load. I have deleted the folders and such and tried again but the same thing happens for both killtacular maps. The map icons show up and everything and it ALMOST works. Other maps work fine. Any suggestions?

Last edited: May 13, 2005
  19. xboxguy44

xboxguy44 Member

i havent tryed this before but my frined did it on my box for me and know i wanted to do it for another friend. Can i just replace his 4d30064 with mine?

20. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

No I don't think it will work because you need to patch the game to accomodate the new maps I believe, I could be wrong though but try and see.