1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halving in Speed since changing modems?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ravyns, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ravyns

ravyns Member

Hi Team,

Youll have to bare with me, Im not especially hardwave savvy. But here goes. I recently changed from a Telstra Bigpond wired modem, to a Soniq Wireless-N ADSL2+ Wireless Modem Router (Model #CWR150NS).

On the previous modem, my download speed tests maxed out at 990KB/sec. Im getting half of that on the new modem router - using SpeakEasy Speed test, Im maxing at 527.6KB/sec.

I started reading the uTorrent guide, got to the speed tests and noticed the issue, Id quit uTorrent before I started the tests.

Any thoughts on what could be cutting my speeds in half?

If you need any further info, Id be happy to provide.

Cheers,

Ravyn
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Bartmole

Bartmole Member

If you're connected wirelessly now see if connecting directly makes any difference.
  4. ravyns

ravyns Member

Thanks for the tip Bartmole,

I should have mentioned, I'm still on a wired connection.
  5. oledawg

oledawg Member

If you were using port forwarding with your original modem, did you also enter it in the new one?
    If you are using uTorrent a yellow icon rather than a green one will show up at the bottom-right side of the window.
  6. Mez

Mez Regular member

I think the real problem is that your network can be accessed but others. I would disable the wireless on your router. See if that helps. 30% of all downloading is done with a hacked connection. That number might be low since it is an old number.