1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hamster powered computers

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by billybob, Jun 4, 2006.

1. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

ive never even really had computers to tear apart except one hp and i still think that i understand quite a bit about how everything works. i want to build a new computer but it costs so much to buy all the parts but in the long run it will be way better and upgradeable then one of them big company's dell hp Compaq (lol hp and compaq are from the same company woops duh lol) etc. as for processors i think that they are all going to be going down in price on April 22. im not sure about in the uk or anything but as for around here i think both amd and Intel processors are going to be going down in price on the 22nd. im a fan of Intel ive only ever used Intel so ive always preferred them over amd processors. once u get the basic workings of everything its pretty simple but i think im good at seeing how stuff works preatty quick so i dunno :p

hope you can get everything figured out im still trying to find the money to start buying parts for the one i want to build. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Sam, i looked on Ebuyer, as thats the only place i ever look for computer components lol.

Dunno how i missed that one, but the next speed up maybe was £152.

Im happy with the AMD one im going to buy.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, the E6400 is a lot less and the E6600 a lot more, unless that has come down in price a lot. Ebuyer's one of many places, but is often the cheapest.

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

its also the most common i think....

hey can u give me a few more links please bro.:)

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

6. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

the price drop isnt going to happen until april 22nd like i said in my post earlier. from what ive read on it the e6600 will be about the same price as the e6400 is now. so its not really to much of a decrease in price but we will see on april 22nd.
    :p

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hi Billy.. still making choices I see.

Whatever you decide go for the best performance that is within your budget.. Used equipment is a very good deal if you can find it..

I found a review of my main system

The graphics lets it down, (matrox) and xp doesn't know what to do with it at all. Old hardware is still more than usable, if.. and that's the clincher.. IF you know enough about alternative OS solutions to run something that can take advantage of the old tech.. This was made last century and still going strong. Mind you.. it cost an arm, a leg and a few spare organs back then.. The current value for an alpha twin these days is somewhere around £20

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  8. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lmao!!

Hey janrocks, im still pretty keen on getting that AMD x2 processor, its my first build and i know its a good processor, it might not be as good as some of the Intel core 2 duo's, but for £50 (or close to is), and on a first build, im not bothered lol.

Ive just bought a casecom plain black case (i will mod it by putting clear panels on it if im that bothered when it comes to it, and a few neons), and a black dvd-ROM Sony drive (it can be my source drive for all my burns etc).

Before you ask, i bought the dvd drive as the second thing, because im spending bits of money at a time, and i have about £15 left and thats all there was that will end up going in my system lol.

Case: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/119590/rb/26957831931

Ohhh yes, nice and cheap haha.

9. billybob

billybob Regular member

OOOO AHHH.

Totally forgot about whether or not my old recycled psu will be compatible or not. Totally forgot psu's even had a compatibility issue. Woopsie.

heres my mobo im buying: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...9kdWN0X3NwZWNpZmljYXRpb25z&product_uid=119408

Also....any idea about making one of my side panels clear? As in....do i buy the panels redy made or am i gonna have to do some DIY..

Erm....the computer will be used for gaming....can someone kindly pick out a psu off ebuyer that would be suitable please? And maybe briefly explain what to look for to see if they are compatible or not. :D Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007