1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handbrake Frame Rate For MP4?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by KeyLee19, May 16, 2010.

1. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

So I converted a ton of dvd's with handbrake to MP4. I noticed that while playing it has little hangups in the video playback. The whole video playback doesn't exactly stop but it hangs up as its playing and its pretty annoying. The Frame rate is 25fps on the MP4's. I was wondering what causes this as my .AVI conversions with AGK do not have this problem and those are a lower FPS at 23. Is there a way I can fix my MP4s from doing this as they are they do it and my AVI's don't? Does this program do it? http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/using_avisynth_page_13.cfm

And if so what do I need to do? I am guessing its the frame rate that's causing these little hiccups but I am not the most knowledgeable person in this stuff as I am still learning. I guess the goal is to maybe convert the frame rate to maybe 23 as my AVI are or 29 maybe without re-converting all my DVD to MP4 again if possible while as keeping the sound in sync with video?

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

Make the frame rate of the converted files the same as the source.
    The exception is if the source is 29.97 movie, it can usually be converted
    through IVTC to 23.976.

If you post a short clip showing the problem, somebody can take a look at it.