1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive FAQ

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by EvoxGuy, Dec 5, 2004.

1. EvoxGuy

EvoxGuy Member

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a hard drive FAQ? I've searched baout, but cant find definative answers to a few questions i have. I'd be greatful if anyone could answer them.

1. Is it important to use a 5400rpm HD when upgrading? I have fitted a 7200rpm with 8mb cache, but was told that this wouldnt be as good as a 5400rpm. have i been told right, and if so why?

2. Is there a limit to the max size drive? I know about the BIOS and OS limitations, but assuming that the BIOS is set to support F and G drives, should you limit the drive going in? Again, why? Do they have heating problems?

Thats all i need to ask for now, i would be really greatful if anyone could give me some good answers. If there is a FAQ which answers thes already, sorry but i couldn't find it. I'd be glad to put one together but would need a bit of help probably.

Thanks in advance for your help

Guy

2. cgodwin79

cgodwin79 Member

You know, I have been wondering the same thing Guy. Hello out there........... We need the help and guidance of you who are far better versed in this. Thanks again in advance.

3. doostman

doostman Member

i love how everyone brags about how easy it is to mod and flash an xbox. i've had the chip and new hdd all weekend and i'm still not up. this shit sucks. can someone take my hand and bring me to the city pool?

doost