1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive+Games

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by s2a, Mar 31, 2005.

1. s2a

s2a Regular member

Can I play let's say halo 1 from my hard drive while putting halo 2 into the hard drive?
    This is very useful when I transfer my games but dont want to wait doing nothing instead I want to play a game.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

It only takes around 5 mintues to transfer an Xbox game onto your hard drive using DVD2XBOX. Even though Halo 2 is a sweet game, I think you can take 5 min. off from playing it while loading a game onto your hard drive.

3. s2a

s2a Regular member

5 min?
    That's faster than transferring a music cd to your xbox with the Microsoft Dashboard, by the way to put a game in the hard drive do I have to connect it to my comp or do I just select from my xboxs menu copy to hard drive?..

4. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

i dont wont to back up to the hard drive i want to do it to dvd is there any step by step info on how to do this also on how to install a new hard drive

5. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

sorry replied to the wrong thread

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Don't you have DVD2XBOX on your Xbox?

If not, I would suggest going to get it on #xbins and putting it on your hard drive.

7. s2a

s2a Regular member

wats dvd2xbox

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

DVD2XBOX is a program that you put onto your Xbox. This program allows you to put Xbox Games on your Xbox Hard drive. So you startup the program, insert your Xbox disc, click start, and bam, your Xbox game will start downloading onto the hard drive.

9. s2a

s2a Regular member

Do I need to connect my Xbox to my PC to put my Xbox games into the Xbox's hard drive?

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

No, like I said, it is all through the Xbox. You will need to hook ur box up to your computer in order to get dvd2xbox on it however... Still need help on how to do this????

11. s2a

s2a Regular member

just let me get dis straight i need to connect it to my comp then transfer dvd2xbox (on which partition of the hard drive or where else?) then whithout needing my comp I can transfer my games using the menu on my xbox (evolutionx) and just highlight copy or something and press "a"?

12. s2a

s2a Regular member

is dvd2xbox a software? and I can transfer dvd's and xbox games? can I transfer more types like divix,svcd,vcd..

13. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yeah, it is software you ftp to your Xbox. You can only dl Xbox games and DVD movies to your hard drive, other things are not supported...

14. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Get it on #xbins, do you know how to use that?

15. s2a

s2a Regular member

how to use wat dvd2xbox? no i dont now how..

16. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Alright dude, enough going over this forum page, PM me with your screen name and I'll talk the whole thing over on that, and take you through step by step... Cool?

17. s2a

s2a Regular member

i understand the basics..just send me the software by email at gamingtechnology@yahoo.ca

18. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ok, but first, take your e-mail out of this forums page and private message me it!

19. Haikkaru

Haikkaru Member

ok i need help with getting the game from the computer to the hard drive of the xbox how do i transfer it i need to figure this out can anyone help me? thx

20. s2a

s2a Regular member

lol, this whole time i had dvd2xbox (the guy who moded my xbox put it) thx anyway...im having problems to ftp...help me wit dat plz