1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive Issues with DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jrmintz, Aug 12, 2004.

1. jrmintz

jrmintz Guest

Hi,
    I have a Dell 4300 Pentium Processor 1.6GHz, 128mb SDRAM@133 MHz. My DVD burner is a Liteon 8x 851S External Drive. I have been happily burning dvd's using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter, with Verbatim digital movie DVD+R as the media. I have burned about six movies, deleting the iso image from the computer as I go. Using windows xp, the images are too big for the recycling bin, so they are permanently deleted. But are they? When I tried to burn another movie, I got an error stating that there was not enough space on the target drive and that shrink could not find the path specified. I did not change anything, so does anyone know what the issue is and why all of a sudden it is a problem now? At one point, there were four iso images and there was still enough memory to run. I have used the search command to see if these movies are remaining in another folder somewhere, but haven't seen them. I have also run Norton Systemworks and Adware to clean things up, but I am not making any progess. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does this extend beyond DVD Shrink and is it more a major problem with my computer?

Thanks
    jr

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

It's probably because your recycle bin is protected. Right click "Empty Norton Protected files" and purge everything. Then run a disc clean-up.

3. jrmintz

jrmintz Guest

I have Systemworks 2003....do you know where I will be right-clicking to empty the bin for that? I can't find the Norton Recycle bin...

Thanks!
    jr

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

I have SystemWorks 2003 as well. What you need to do is right click the recycle bin and select "Properties". In the "Properties" window click the Norton Protection tab and there will be a tab called "Empty Protected Files" which is the magic button you're looking for :)

5. jrmintz

jrmintz Guest

worked like a charm....thanks very much!

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Ummm ... I said that! lol

You can do it by just right clicking on the Recycle bin. There are two options 1) Empty Norton Protected Files and 2) Empty Recycle bin.

Now so you don't have to always do this. Right click the Recycle bin, then properties -> click "Norton Protection tab" -> Under drive settings, select your drive and uncheck the box to "Enable protection". [bold]If you do this empty all protected files first[/bold]. Now from now on you just have to empty the bin.